chapter two

[ chapter two: prologue ]

Screams.

In all different directions you looked, there could be a scream heard. It was not only screams of pain but screams that would introduce new lives into the world.

A hospital.

A place where life not only began but also ended. Some would say hospitals were not for them, too much overwhelming energy of those who are wounded and dying but it's the same people who seem to forget hospitals are the place where life begins for most.

In one room sat two people. A new mother and a new father, both welcoming their newborns into the world. Both were overwhelmed with joy with the birth of their two beautiful baby girls. Twins. Identical.

The fire bender nurse could feel the energy of both children as their mother finished pushing the second one out.

They were powerful. Extremely powerful.

The nurses and doctors smiled with one another as they looked at the woman and her soon-to-be husband holding hands, both taking in deep breaths although only one of them had just gone through childbirth, twice.

"Blow some wind into my face, please." The woman asked her husband, chest heaving upwards and then downward in a regular motion.

Her forehead and hairline were covered in sweat, darkening the roots of her dark hair. A tired smile grazed her lips as the man stepped backwards, his hands clasping together before opening like alligator mouths, cool air escaping from his palms.

The motion lasted only for a short amount of time but she was thankful, once again holding her hand in his as he returned to his place.

The doctor finally stepped forward, a warm smile on his face as he looked between the couple. "I would like to congratulate you on your birth, Mrs-"

The door slamming open scared everyone in the room as one of the nurses ran over to the doctor, her feet curving as she tip-toes upward to whisper into the doctor's ears.

At first, the doctor seemed upset with the rude opening but his face quickly changed as the nurse spoke to him. By the time she pulled away, he was pale in the face.

"Wh-What's wrong?" The lady had asked frantically, already having a gut feeling that something was going wrong.

Her husband was not any less worried, his hands beginning to shake at the way the faces inside the room began changing while staring at him and the woman who just gave birth to his children.

"What is it?" He called out unhappily, his eyes begging to turn white with swirls of red and orange inside. Some of the nurses and other staff members stepped back, clearly fearful of the unnatural colors.

The doctor shakily looked between the two and swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat, eyes showing signs of pity, fear, and caution.

"One of the twins..." he began uncomfortably, "one of the twins has gone missing."

AHHH BOOK 2 IS BEGINNING

anyways i also wanted to start a book that was like inspired by miraculous ladybug bc i've been obsessed with the show lately but idk if it would be interesting :/