chapter six

"There's an empty room across from Jiyoung's

"There's an empty room across from Jiyoung's. It's upstairs, the second door on the left. You can place all your belongings there."

Hyuna thanked Jinae, heading up the stairs with her suitcase. She awed at the white stairs with black railing, beautifully detailed wallpapers with trimming covering the walls upstairs.

She opened the bedroom door, looking around at the white walls. Her eyes drifted to the bedsheet covering the queen-sized bed, baby pink sheets with golden accents on it.

She smiled to herself and sat the suitcase by the door before leaving once again, finding her way downstairs to Jinae and the two same-age teenagers sitting on the couch.

"May I use the bathroom to shower? I've been on the road for a day or two and kinda want to refresh myself a bit." She asked politely.

Jinae nodded and Hyuna walked back upstairs, ready to get out of her old clothes and into some newer and more comfortable ones.

"So.. are you finally gonna tell me what all of this is actually about and why a lost twin was never mentioned before?" Jiyoung asked, leaning into Jaemin's chest.

Jinae sighed from her seat on the recliner, "I guess so. Make yourselves comfortable."

The two teenagers did so without question, grabbing a blanket to wrap around themselves as they laid on the couch together.

"So I guess we should start from the beginning. Although, there's not really anything else to say. So, as you know, I gave birth to you two." She began. Jiyoung and Jaemin internally cringed at the image but didn't say anything to interrupt.

"Afterward, you were both taken out of the room for whatever they do there. Only, a few moments afterwards, one of the nurses came back saying Hyuna had gone missing. The hospital looked over footage and saw a lady dressed as a nurse while wearing a mask had taken her and left."

Disgusted herself as a nurse. That's how she got in without any suspicion. But you'd still think hospitals would have better security.

Jinae looked down at her hands sadly, her ring finger still accompanied by the same silver piece of jewelry she'd been gifted just over seventeen years ago.

Jiyoung and Jaemin saw it. The boy wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, lightly squeezing her as he laid his head against hers.

Jinae didn't look up, her voice still distant as she continued talking. "Officers, guards, and everyone else searched too but we could never find her."

hmmm

hmmm. another short chapter 👩🏽‍🦯

next chapter is abt 1000 words bc i feel bad for making this (slow) update so short