chapter forty-seven

While the others were stuck in cells feeling their skin being picked and prodded by different people, Sooyoung was trying to get help from everyone she knew

She first contacted the detectives on the police force. Then, she contacted everyone on the force. And per Chief Lee's request, the senior councilmen were also contacted and later, everyone else's parents.

While they were out looking for everyone, Sooyoung joined one of the detectives in the police station.

"Take me through what happened from your point of view. Times, dates, everything," he told her, looking down at his notepad.

Sooyoung nodded, "it all started a while ago. Back at the beginning of May. Kwon Hyuna appeared at the Republic Headquarters and convinced everyone she was a non-threat, looking for Son Jinae and Jiyoung. Apparently, a few of the group members thought she was sketchy but no one really did anything about it."

"Sketchy?" The detectives raised an eyebrow. "And do you think that Kwon Hyuna was also sketchy or had something to hide?"

Sooyoung shook her head, "not really. She never spoke to me, always keeping any of her conversations to one of the boys or Jiyoung. She never really looked in my direction either."

The detective nodded, continuing to right things on the notepad, "go on."

"Recently things have gotten a bit weird. We went on a picnic the other day. Jaemin, who never gets sick, came down with something. Everyone was worried and he speculated it had something to do with Hyuna although we couldn't really assure anything because the damage was done. While in the picnic, he had said he'd noticed Kwon Minji and Hyuna speaking inside a close-by store."

"And did you all do anything about this?"

Sooyoung shook her head, "by then almost everyone was gone. We didn't even know if he really saw them because at the time we didn't know that Kwon Minji wasn't in custody."

"Right, right. And what happened after you all found out?"

"Nothing too big happened after that but we've since been trying to keep a lookout for her. Although it wasn't useful because as of today, they were captured by the two of them."

The detective hummed, "and what makes you so sure that it was those two that kidnapped your friends? If anything they could've run away."

Sooyoung scoffed, straightening out her back. "Are you being serious right now? I can assure you that the disappearance of four councilmen along with five other highly influential teenagers isn't something you just," she paused, holding in a breath. "Why aren't we out there looking for them?"

Before the detective could answer, the door was pulled open, another police offer walking inside. "She's here."

Sooyoung looked between the two, "who's here?"

She was caught off guard when a girl ran inside, her dark hair flying behind her back as she rushed over to Sooyoung, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"Yiren? What are you doing here, you're supposed to be back in the kingdom practicing." Sooyoung said, looking at the teary-eyed girl.

"We all came," a deep voice stated.

Sooyoung's eyes widened as the Firelord walked inside, the detective and herself immediately bowing in respect.

"Not only is our son missing but a potential son-in-law along with their best friends are missing. We've dropped everything and come with guards to help locate them."

Sooyoung nodded, "but where do we even start?"

🚗