chapter nineteen

"Hyuna!"

"Hyuna!"

The dark-haired girl turned around towards Renjun and Jiyoung with a bored look, already knowing what speech she was gonna get. "Yes?"

"I don't know if you guys do this at your school, but here, we respect each other's requests and decisions without going behind each other's backs to do what we want."

Jiyoung held out her arm, stopping angry Renjun from getting any closer to her sister. "I think what Renjun means is that he doesn't appreciate when you do what you want to do without considering others' feelings. You really made him uncomfortable earlier."

Hyuna smiled, "thanks, Jiyoung, glad that not everyone is upset with me."

Jiyoung tilted her head, almost confused by Hyuna. "Not upset? Of course, I and everyone else are upset, you hurt one of our friends. I'm simply being nice because I don't like conflict. But as I said, we didn't appreciate it when you turned around and did exactly what Renjun said he didn't want."

Hyuna sighed, looking down and slightly nodding. "I'm sorry, Renjun. It's just... I'm still not used to the difference here. I didn't have many friends back home, not that it really matters, but yeah, I don't know. I just thought maybe you were being shy."

Renjun scoffed, "well, I wasn't."

Hyuna nodded, "I'm sorry you misunderstood and that you feel that way. I'll try to be more considerate in the future."

Jiyoung tried smiling but it dropped when she turned back towards Renjun, his face scorning at the girl. She leaned over slightly, lightly bumping the boy's shoulder.

Renjun looked at her for a second as if he were a child looking at his mother asking, do I have to? when she expects him to accept his sibling's apology.

He huffed, "fine. I'll accept your apology now but do something like that in the future and you're gonna regret—"

"Alright well, we'll be going now. See you later," Jiyoung waved goodbye, pulling Renjun by the hand to get away.

Hyuna awkwardly waved at the two, getting back into her car and buckling up.

"I don't accept her apology," Renjun pouted.

Jiyoung laughed, ruffling the older boy's hair as they made their way to Jaemin's car, their friend already watching them approach.

"I know, I know. But it could've been an honest mistake, let's just hope it doesn't happen in the future, alright?" Jiyoung smiled, getting into the passenger seat while Jaemin got in the front and Renjun got in behind him.

"Whatever but it doesn't mean that I'm gonna be super friendly to her anymore. What she did at lunch really made me uncomfortable."

Jaemin nodded as they pulled out of the parking lot, "we know and we aren't expecting you to be all buddy-buddy, but we do expect you to not focus on it for the rest of your life. You're already pretty grumpy as it is."

Renjun tsked from the backseat, now looking out the window as they drove to their house where the rest of their friends waited.

"You know, those were some pretty wise words from the guy that's always judging anyone that tries coming around us," Jiyoung joked lightly, staring at her boyfriend.

Jaemin shrugged as if it had no effect on him, "I'm not grumpy all the time."

Renjun nearly laughed in the back seat, "right, you're never grumpy."

ALRIGHT! before anyone gets upset with jiyoung, remember that she is a very sweet-hearted girl like she literally felt bad after killing the guy who kidnapped her

ALRIGHT! before anyone gets upset with jiyoung, remember that she is a very sweet-hearted girl like she literally felt bad after killing the guy who kidnapped her. and like she said, she doesn't like conflict!

gonna start posting at random lmao
it's currently one in the morning