chapter thirteen

After the hangout, everyone bid each other goodbye and headed home, some reluctant for the day after

"Hyuna, you wanna come with me to the office? I heard from Mark that you and Donghyuck hit it off last night and we have some spare time before the meeting starts," Jiyoung nearly laughed at her own joke but held back.

Hyuna smiled up at her sister from her bed, shaking her head no. "It's alright, I think I'll just stay here and rest for a bit. Good luck with the meeting."

Jiyoung nodded, waving goodbye and shutting the door as she made her way downstairs. "I'm heading out now Mom, I'll see you later."

"Love you!" Jinae sleepily yelled from the kitchen, beginning to make her breakfast meal and coffee.

"Love you too!" Jiyoung laughed, closing the front door behind herself.

Upstairs in her bedroom, Hyuna hummed to herself contently, scrolling aimlessly through different Instagram posts.

She laid snuggled up against two of her pillows and below a large cotton blanket with black stripes on it accompanied by random gold flakes.

Her hair stayed unbrushed and in her face, some of the strands looking more blonde than usual as the sunlight hit them just right.

"It's only eight, maybe I can sleep for just a bit longer..." she yawned, letting her tiredness take over once again.

She didn't awaken again until around ten, hugging as she rose up. Looking outside, she smiled seeing the familiar bright green grass and flowers that grew during her favorite month of May.

Her phone dinged, signifying she had received a text message from someone.

Are you coming today?
Received at 8:12 AM

Guess not, it's ok
Received at 8:29 AM

Hyuna sighed unhappily, not realizing she had sept through the two messages along with many other notifications.

"Hey, Hyuna?"

The said girl's eyes widened at her both mother's voice, momentarily forgetting she was in the house. "Still in here!"

She heard Jinae's footsteps continue walking closer until she finally stopped in front of the door, knocking three times before peeking inside.

"I'm heading out to do a few things. Would you like to come with me? You don't have to, I know most teens like their space," she smiled.

Hyuna nodded, "I think I'd like staying home a bit better. Thanks for asking, though."

Jinae nodded, backing away from the door and saying goodbye as she closed it. Her footsteps soon became inaudible, signifying that she was getting farther away.

A few minutes passed of Hyuna staring up at the ceiling with no intentions until she heard the front door close, Jinae's car being heard starting up.

She yawned again as she sat up, walking over to her clothes. She looked over all of them, picking out a pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt. She didn't take too much time, slipping on a pair of running shoes before picking up her car keys and walking outside of the house.

She finger-combed her hair as she walked to her car, careful where she touched due to the extreme heat beginning to rain down.

The car ride to her destination was silent, her nerves beginning to resurface as she got closer.

When she finally reached the tall building, she exited the car, embracing the cool wind that flew through her long hair.

"Hi, can I help you?"

Hyuna smiled at the old lady, "yes, I'm supposed to have a key or like card swiper thing to get through places?"

The older lady nodded, turning towards her computer. "Name, birthday, and pin please."

"Kwon Hyuna, January 22nd, 2001. 010122."

The receptionist nodded, typing in all the information. When she finished, she turned towards Hyuna and told her she'd be right back.

Once she returned, she handed Hyuna the black key card and went back to her work. Hyuna thanked her and left, making way towards the elevators.

While she waited, she looked around at the white marble around her, pleasured at the way everything in the lobby went together nicely.

Seconds later the elevator dinged, Hyuna walked inside and pressed her floor number, waiting patiently until the doors opened once again.

She walked out slowly, her feet smooth against the hard ground as she made her way to the room she had come looking for.

When she finally got there, she swiped her key card and walked inside, a smile on her face as she walked over to the couch at the side of the room.

She took in the new smell, lying still with her arms crossed over her stomach and staring up at the ceiling.

"Can I order some food?" She asked after a minute, pulling out her phone.

"Of course."

She looked up at the person walking out of the bathroom and smiled, "thanks, Mom."

sorry the descriptions in the chapter were so vague, i needed to add some kind of suspense 😭

anyways, were y'all expecting that orrrrr 👀

(spoiler for umbrella academy?) remember when i said this story was kinda inspired from the umbrella academy? this was what i was talking abt ✋🏽😌