chapter eight

"I hate math class

"I hate math class."

"You hate every class?"

Nayeon sighed in discomfort as she stood from her school desk, her back immediately cracking as she straightened it.

"Exactly. School is useless, my friend." Jiyoung laughed at her best friend's words, looking at her phone one last time before the two left for lunch together.

"Maybe it'll come in handy at some point," Jiyoung tried to reason.

Nayeon gave her a bored look, clearly unconvinced. "Please inform me how the hell calculus is going to help me in the United Forces? Seriously."

Jiyoung bit her bottom lip, a habit she had recently picked up on. "Yeah, you got me there. It's probably not gonna be much help."

The two girls stood up together, placing their backpacks over their shoulders before leaving for the lunchroom for their favorite time of day.

The seven boys at the table all welcomed them, glad to have the whole group there to start their daily discussions and whatnot.

"So I heard you guys go work Saturday. What's that all about?" Jeno asked, looking between his four councilmen friends.

Mark, Donghyuck, Jaemin, and Jiyoung all sighed. Although none of them really cared about the topic much anymore, they were still not excited to drive all the way to headquarters on a Saturday.

"Did you guys know Jiyoung has a lost twin?"

Everyone's eyes averted to Donghyuck, who asked the question. Some of their mouths parted, obviously not expecting the sudden information.

"I'm sorry, what?" Jisung eventually asked, turning towards Jiyoung.

"Yeah... I didn't know either. That was until yesterday when she showed up in the middle of our meeting and to make things short, my mom silently freaked out, ended the meeting, and now she's living with us. Actually, I think-"

She stopped mid-sentence upon feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out, reading the small words placed on the screen.

She stuffed the phone away after reading the message, looking back up at her friends who were waiting for her to finish the sentence.

"I guess you guys get to meet her now. She's already finished filling out the registration forms." Jiyoung shrugged.

Most of their eyebrows arched, still trying to process the first part of what Donghyuck had told them.

Chenle looked around at everyone, "really? The registration forms are that easy to finish? I thought you still had to wait a day or two after registering to actually start everything."

"Yeah, so did I," Jaemin trailed off.

"Well, it looks like she gets the seat between Donghyuck and Nayeon now." Mark pointed out, tilting his head towards the only empty seat at the table.

"That's great and all but I gotta go get her first," Jiyoung stood up, stretching a bit. "I'll see you guys in a min- oh, never mind, I guess."

The others diverted their attention towards the cafeteria doors where Jiyoung was looking. In walked a girl, quite similar to their best friend.

Although they looked similar, Jiyoung's hair and glasses gave away her identity.

Hyuna was dressed in light-wash jeans; she wore a plain white t-shirt and gray windbreaker on top, the t-shirt tucked into her pants at the front.

"That her?" Chenle asked, pointing at Hyuna as he looked back at Jiyoung.

Jisung sighed, shaking his head. "No, there's some other new kid that looks extremely similar to Jiyoung."

Jiyoung ignored her two friends, taking a step away from the table. "Hyuna, over here!"

The said girl turned towards her sister, a smile appearing on her once confused face upon seeing the familiar people.

She excused herself, walking past everyone else as she came to sit down at the empty chair that Jiyoung pointed at.

"Are you not getting food?" Nayeon asked immediately, realizing the younger girl hadn't even gone to the lunch line yet.

"No, it's okay. I'm not very hungry," Hyuna smiled, shaking her head.

Nayeon hummed but was still unconvinced. As lunch continued on, she regularly offered Hyuna different foods.

A few minutes before lunch was over, Hyuna finally managed to get enough courage to turn to Donghyuck, who she had been ignoring all of the lunch due to his clearly unhappy state she'd last seen him in.

"Um, Donghyuck?"

The dark-haired boy turned his attention away from Renjun to look at the girl calling him. "Yes?"

She partially cleared her throat, suddenly feeling a bit intimidated. "I just wanted to say sorry for causing you and the others to go into work tomorrow. I heard that you had something important to do that day."

Donghyuck sighed, clearly still overcoming the sadness of not being able to attend class. "It's fine. It's not really your fault anyways, just bad timing I guess."

Hyuna nodded, "really bad timing."

Donghyuck laughed, feeling slightly better after her apology, although it was unneeded.

welp, he's not upset!if u haven't checked it out, i've updated the "a new beginning" chapter so that u all can see all of the new girls :)

if u haven't checked it out, i've updated the "a new beginning" chapter so that u all can see all of the new girls :)

although i changed this book to a nct dream book, hyuna is still the main main character and her relationship with donghyuck will still be important!

anyways yesterday i started watching the maze runner at like 2 AM and finished the death cure at like 8 AM or something.

i'd just like to mention i am in love with newt. and! before anyones tries coming for me like "thomas brodie-sangster isn't even that attractive!" i'd just like to say i find NEWT very attractive, i never said thomas was attractive (although 👀) but like yeah for me to find someone attractive, i have to like their personality too and i just love his character in the movies. might also be bc of the british accent idk tho

anyways might as well write a newt fanfic atp