chapter forty-one

Hyuna hummed to herself in delight as she made her way into the hotel, rocking back and forth on her feet as she waited for the elevator

It was quiet in the lobby, not many people going in or out in the afternoon timing. When people visited the Republic for a vacation or break they were going out early and coming in late.

Tunes swirled in Hyuna's mind as she stepped inside the elevator, moving slowly as she danced to the elevator music.

Her movements came to a stop when she finally reached the right floor, a smile on her face as she made her way to Minji's room.

"Mom, I'm back!"

Minji walked out of the bathroom, her once boringly straight brown hair now a dark black with light curls, "welcome, darling, come take a seat, let's start talking."

Hyuna nodded, locking the door before making her way to the seat on the couch beside her mother. Her face lit up seeing her favorite food on the coffee table. Immediately, she began digging in.

Her mother had to stop her after a few seconds, laughing to herself. "Slow down, darling. You'll choke eating that fast without anything to wash it down with," she smiled, handing the girl a glass of water.

Hyuna took it, thanking the older woman as she swallowed a few gulps, wiping the residue from her pink lips.

"So," Minji started, "how is the plan with the couples going?"

Hyuna rolled her eyes at the question, clearly annoyed. "God, you wouldn't believe! I've created three different phone numbers to taunt them and nothing! They're never talking about it. I went through Donghyuck's phone and they had maybe a two-minute conversation about the messages to that Sooyoung girl and Renjun's sister, Yiren."

Minji hummed, taking a bite from a strawberry. "Interesting. Seems Jaemin and Jiyoung don't share everything about their relationship, huh?"

Hyuna nodded dramatically, "seriously, though. She's conceited for sure but she doesn't even talk about their relationship. Every time someone says something, she just has to reply or say something that revolves around her. You'd think that a couple that claims to be so in love would actually say something about one another ever so often."

Minji nodded, "always knew she would be like that. I will never understand what that group sees in her." She shook her head, swallowing the rest of her food. "And your number, the real one. Have you given it to them?"

Hyuna sighed, "nope. Used another fake number to give Jiyoung and Donghyuck but I don't even reply half the time. I keep having to make excuses like I'm busy or something and didn't see their messages. It's really tiring keeping up with these people."

Minji smiled, "well you don't have to put up with it much longer. I think we've come far along enough with the plan. You just need to get Jiyoung and Donghyuck separated from everyone else and we'll finally be able to go through with the rest."

Hyuna smiled evilly, setting down her food, "finally."

yo what's about to happen 👀