chapter nine

"So how was your first day of school at Neo Tech Elemental, Hyuna?"

The dark-haired girl yawned, giving her twin sister a clear picture as they walked out of the school together, both ready to get home after a long school day.

"Is Jaemin driving you home, again?" Hyuna asked, stopping outside the gate of the school. Her body was turned towards her car but she waiting in case Jiyoung would be joining her.

"Yeah, we usually have stuff to do after school so you don't wait up for me," Jiyoung explained. She spotted Jaemin waiting outside of his car, back leaning against the door as he scrolled on his phone.

Hyuna also noticed him, glancing at his presence. Her eyes squinted looking in his direction but she turned back towards Jiyoung before anything was noticed.

"I'll see you at home later. Have fun," she smiled, waving at Jiyoung as she walked to her car. Jiyoung waved back before walking to Jaemin.

"Ready for Jisung's house?" He asked, noticing her figure approach him.

The shorter girl smiled, walking around to the passenger side and getting in. "Can we get drinks first?"

Jaemin nodded as he got into his seat, "sure. Text the others and ask if they want anything either."

"I'm home!" Hyuna yelled from downstairs, following the instructions that Jinae had texted her before she arrived home

She heard the older lady upstairs before she even touched the first floor. When they finally made eye contact, Jinae began walking over.

Hyuna waited patiently at the front door, ready for whatever Jinae asked and said to her. She smiled when the dark-haired woman finally stopped in front of her.

"You said you needed something?"

Jinae nodded, pulling out her phone. "Yes, I need your kidnapper's address. I'll be sending it over to some of our officers so that they can go ahead and take care of her."

Hyuna's eyes partially widened, "t-take care of her? As in like-"

Jinae looked up at her, lips forming a small curve as she shook her head, "no, no, not like that. They'll just head over to the house, arrest her, and then take her to one of the cell holders while we wait."

"Wait for what?"

"Detectives will be going into the house to look for all the paperwork and stuff that she could've hidden. While they find everything needed against her, they'll bring the paperwork back, and then we can hold a case presented to a judge."

Hyuna nodded, "right, of course." She glanced at Jinae's phone and then back up at her. She cleared her throat, reciting her old house address.

"And you don't think we should be worried about anything before I send this off?" Jinae asked, looking back up at Hyuna.

The teenager shook her head, "not that I know of. She's a nearly fifty-year-old bendless woman living by herself in that house. I was one of the only people she even talked to so I wouldn't expect her to try and go anywhere."

Jinae hummed, reading over her message once more before hitting send. In a matter of minutes, she got a reply back.

"So do we get to go see what happens? If possible, I wanted to know if I could go get my stuff from my old house."

Jinae nodded, "of course. Jiyoung and Jaemin will most likely be coming as well. Chief could probably get a report ready and we'll be able to go later today."

"That's nice," Hyuna smiled. "Jiyoung and Jaemin seem to spend a lot of their time together, no?"

Jinae nodded with a smile. "They do. They're really a nice pair, I'd say. Their friend group overall is quite healthy so I'm thankful for that."

Hyuna nodded, "interesting. And their friend group consists of all the other senior councilmen kids as well?"

"Yes. Jiyoung is mine, obviously. Jaemin is the earth councilman's son. Jisung is the water councilwoman's son. And then Donghyuck is the fire councilwoman's son."

"But isn't Mark the water councilman now? And what about the others in the group?"

"Yes, Mark is. He and Jisung are cousins and since it's a requirement to be a water bender or have two water tribe parents, the passion was passed onto Mark because Jisung is a fire bender. Mark's father is the Chief of police. Renjun is the oldest child of the Firelord, who comes to visit every now and then. Jeno is the son of the Republic's finest therapist and acupuncturist. And then Chenle is the son of one China's most successful businessman and fashion designers."

Hyuna smiled, "that's nice."

i'm planning out a few future chapters and i'd like to mention how this book is partially inspired by the umbrella academy! i've rewatched it like 10 times (not even exaggerating) and i'm so excited for season 3

i'm planning out a few future chapters and i'd like to mention how this book is partially inspired by the umbrella academy! i've rewatched it like 10 times (not even exaggerating) and i'm so excited for season 3. i wanna know what that cube thing is gonna be doing 😭😭😭

i forgot to proofread the last chapter to i'm so sorry to anyone who read it with all those mistakes 😭

anyways i forgot the name of the high school so i'm gonna pretend like it was always neo tech elemental and act like (since most are benders) it's called elemental because they have elemental bending sports teams??? idk let's just go with the flow