Chapter 38. Smile.

Chapter 38. Smile.

***

Song inspo- Smile: Mikky Ekko

A quick and heavy knock to Xanders front door could only mean one thing.

Everyone had arrived.

And Xander and I would have to face the music of telling our group we were finally together.

Hudson, Will and Carter already knew- the pair of us far too eager to hold off from telling our best friends. I was sure he had mentioned it to Riley too- But the other boys and Yas remained in the unknown as we hadn't had the time to tell them yet.

Xander jogged down the stairs, me following closely behind him as he opened the door to be welcomed by a damp Johnny, Sammy and Yas. Carter, Riles, and Will coming shortly as Hudson showered upstairs. He really made himself feel at home.

We couldn't even get round to inviting them inside because they were stubbornly stood at the front door, almost challenging us- a faint smile painted on their lips though they resisted the urge to let it break just yet.

"Hey" I smiled, not yet catching on that they weren't coming inside until they heard us admit that we were together.

"Are you okay?" I slowly questioned, a laugh lingering as I took in the image of the three of them getting soaked all for the sake of them not yet finding out we were together. Instead of answering, they each tilted their heads and waited for Xander and I to speak.

"Have you three lost your heads? It's fucking freezing, why are you waiting there?" Xander spoke with confusion.

"Anything you want to tell us?" Yasmine smirked smugly.

How the hell did they figure it out?

"Alright, who told?" I laughed.

"Who do you think?" Sammy joked and Xander rolled his eyes.

"Hudson, get your arse down here" He called up. Hudson had been waiting for Xander and I to be official for months- we should have known he would have been too excited to keep the news to himself.

"We were going to tell you guys today" I smiled apologetically to them as they finally came inside.

"We don't care as long as you're happy" Johnny gave me a hug and so did Yas as Sammy patted Xander on his back in support.

It wasn't long until Hudson came down from his shower and Riley, Carter and Will all arrived. The weather limited us to doing anything of substance, so we were forced to watching movies on the couch until my legs got twitchy and I couldn't sit still any longer.

Focussing in on Xanders arms around me as we sat down made my body feel electric and I couldn't just sit. I need to do something, anything.

"Memories, right?" I asked Xander as he sat on the couch, his hand lightly on my thigh as he watched the tv.