Chapter 21. Nostalgic dream.

****

Saturday morning rolled around all too quickly for my liking, my head already realising the weekend is going by, but not being able to focus since the group chat with everyone in it, was blowing up.

Carter:
-> Come on guys, Let's do something.

Hudson:
-> what do you have in mind?

Xander:
-> is someone dying?

Will:
-> No?

Xander:
-> then I can't seem to understand why we're having this conversation so early

Xander:
->but yeah, I'm down to do anything.

I scoffed at Xanders quick recover, knowing even he wouldn't want to miss out on a day with everyone.

Yas:
-> Park?

I scrolled through the conversation until I was finally up to date, skipping the 'Yeah's' from Johnny and Sammy and the comments that were dripping in morning moodiness from Xander, to Riley's answers that gave me confirmation our day out was starting at 12.

I quickly put on one of Jakes hoodies over my pyjama top to keep me warm, as I walked downstairs. Jake standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of coco pops and scrolling through his phone.

"Morning" he gave me a head nod, "Nice hoodie, you can put that straight back in my wardrobe when you're done" he sarcastically commented.

"Sleep well?" I rhetorically asked and jokingly smiled, subtly referring to his straight to the point question as I poured myself a glass of orange juice and got my own bowl of cereal.

"Funny" he smiled before actually answering my question, "It was alright" he yawned.
"What are you doing today? Plans with the group?"

"Yeah" I spoke, "I think we're going to the park and Hudson mentioned something about craving a burger so we might eat too" I rubbed my eyes, urging myself to wake up out of my grogginess from sleep.

"You need a ride?" He asked, standing up and putting his bowl in the sink.

"No I think Sammy is picking some of us up"

"Okay. Make sure he isn't a complete reckless driver" he joked and walked past me, kissing my head, "I'll see you later"

As he walked out of the kitchen, I mentally planned my outfit in my head, knowing we were stuck in the 'in between' season where it wasn't cold enough to wear a coat but not warm enough to wear a tee shirt; A big oversized jumper and boyfriend jeans it is.

I walked to my room, not before knocking on my mom and dads door asking if it was okay I went, which they said it was, so I continued on to getting ready.

I quickly straightened my hair, thought it took longer than expected due to the natural frizzy mess, and let it stay down. Brushing my teeth and spritzing myself with some body spray before texting the chat to let them know I was ready.