Chapter 27. Alex.

Chapter 27. Alex.
***

After the on stage fight, Leena and I got lectured by Ms.Nicole and our head teacher Mr.Lewis, though I wouldn't have changed how I reacted to her, so their lectures fell of deaf ears.

We both got dismissed after being told we acted irresponsibly and unprofessionally, which was true, so I got changed, grabbed my bag and headed towards the netball courts for a late practice.

Once netball and football practice was over, I trailed through the school corridor and approached the reception, already seeing my group of friends waiting for me, and as they saw me, they all cheered my name in a loud blur of "Yes girl!"s and yells.

"Quit it" I laughed as they all started to jokingly pat my back seeing as I had finally unleashed my many years of pent up hurt on Leena.

I looked over to see Xander smiling at me, and I smiled back but then quickly looked away, not wanting to say anything else until I had spoken to Tommy and gotten to know the full story between the two boys from Xander.

"Is your hand okay?" Johnny asked.

"My hand?" I questioned back.

"Yeah, I figured that since your slapped her so damn hard you must be feeling a little sore" he laughed and I jokingly shoved him.

"Oh shut up" I smiled, "Come on. Let's go" I spoke to everyone as we started to walk out off the school door.

The rest of our group was planning on going to the diner to celebrate Yas, Riley, Xander and I getting our first performance done, but I couldn't fathom the mental energy and needed to get some answers before I took the jump and started to officially give in to Xander and break up with Tommy.

"Guys I think I'm going to head home" I smiled.
A few groans of objection surfaced and I smiled, dismissing them.

"You sure, sweetie?" Riley spoke.

"I'm sure" I hugged everyone goodbye and told Carter and Will I'd FaceTime them later to give them an update before kissing both of their cheeks.

As I turned my back to begin walking in the direction of my house, I heard footsteps and immediately knew who it would be.

"Have time for one of our walks?" Xander came to my side.

"That depends" I smiled, "Am I going to get answers?" I looked at him.

"Come back to mine, we can talk there okay?" He spoke softly.

"Okay" I exhaled, our arms brushing against one another since we were walking so closely as though one of us might wander away.

"You did good tonight, you know? Given the crazy circumstances, you still tried to finish the scene" he complimented me.

"Yeah well, the show must go on" I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Your face lit up" he observed.

"What?" I laughed.

"Just then, when you were talking about the show, your face lit up"

"I just really enjoy performing" I dismissed.