Chapter 24. Emotions Overstepping.

***

The next day, I woke up having to mentally prepare myself for the revenge Yas would be seeking out on Leena.

A heartbreak overlooked so easily in life is that of an actress not getting their wanted role, and whether it's broadway, high school or college, it still hurts. And that defeat hurts even worse when it comes from a girl who has hurt your friends, which Leena has done.

So as I walked into school with Carter and Alistair, I wasn't surprised to see a down Yas sitting at a booth in the sixth form common area.

"Morning, Sunshine" I smiled, trying not to address the elephant in the room.

"Hi guys" she spoke.

"You doing okay?" Carter questioned.

"Honestly I'm fine" She smiled.

"I'm just annoyed it had to be Leena. Of all people, it had to be the girl who's already making a bad name for herself with our group" she sighed, "But what's done, is done and we can't change that" She shrugged her shoulders and threw us a weak smile.

"Good attitude" I reassured her with a wink, though I knew it couldn't be long until one of us involved in this musical gets a bad run in with Leena.

As the bell for first period rang, I mentally smiled knowing it was a free period with all of us making me happy that for one period, we all didn't have to sit through an hour of teaching.

Yas and I got out our scripts for Grease and began to lazily run lines with each other, occasionally getting distracted by the bustle of our busy common room, before the boys and Riley, who were also on a free period, sat down next to us.

The new additions to our tables almost distracted me from Tommy walking into the common room and over to a group of students, not yet noticing I was in the room too.

"What's he doing in?" Will spoke lowly to me, not wanting to raise Xanders attention.

"I have no idea" I whispered, trying to dismiss the inevitable fight that was brewing between Xander and Tommy.

Xanders smile made his dimples hallow as he looked on at Sammy who was making a joke, before his features completely twisted, noticing the new presence in the room.

"Andy, why's he in today?" Xander looked at me, the tables attention shifted to Tommy, and for the first time since we had gotten closer, I had no words to reassure him.

"I don't know" I shrugged my shoulders, seeing Tommy notice I was here and smile at me, walking over to our table.

"Hey babe" he kissed me.

His touch lingered shortly, but vanished completely when I looked at Xander who had his head down, looking at the table rather than at us.

Hudson and Riley looked at their bestfriend, who looked determined to be the bigger person, clearly not wanting Tommy to take away everything he's worked on being.

"Grab a chair, man" Sammy spoke.

As the group got bigger, the chairs shuffled round, making Xander sit to the left of me, Tommy sit opposite me, and Hudson to the right. I looked over in worry to Will and Carter, who looked equally uncomfortable as the rest of the group trying to navigate their way out of the awkward maze.