Chapter 2 - The Debate

Later in the day

The cruise sped over the water towards the Sevii Islands. Water sprayed all over Ash with his black hair blown back and Pikachu jumping from the railing to the water-type pokemon. 

"Would you like a drink Sir?" 

"No I'm good." Ash replied without even looking at the butler. The butler bowed and left. 

"Well that was quite rude champion. Not even saying thanks." A voice behind Ash called. Ash turned around and saw a young man in a black shirt and jeans looking at him with a smirk plastered on his face.  

"Who are you to try and teach me manners?" Ash said while glaring at his face. 

"Oh just a fan interested to see the Grand Champion fight." The man replied with the same smirk still on his face. Ash glared at him but the man just kept his smirk still on his smug face. 

"Well I'm the champion of Kalos so back off. I don't have time for your annoying blabbering." Ash said while turning back around.

"Pathetic just like I thought." The man said. Ash whirled around and glared at the man. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN PATHETIC! YOUR JUST SOME FAN THAT IS IN LOVE WITH THE GRAND CHAMPION!" Ash yelled. All the civilians looked at the pair in wonder. 

"Wow now causing a scene. Way to go." The man said grinning.

"I don't have time for this. Let's go Pikachu." Ash said while walking away. He ran down the stairs and went to his room. He shut the door and went to sleep. 

Line Break

The ship shook from the massive horn sound. Ash woke up startled when a crew member broke into his room and told him that we reached island 7.

"Pikachu hurry up lets go quick." Ash ran out of his room while stumbling over the stairs with Pikachu running behind him. They finally reached the top and Ash started to push people out of his way to get to the ship deck. And then he saw it. 

A beautiful blue and red stadium with banners of all the champions hanging on top of a mountain. The stadium had no roof with claws towards the sky. 

"Finally, the tournament. Look at it Pikachu, its where we're gonna become the next grand champion. I can't wait to destroy Red and his filthy Aggron." Ash said with a massive smile splattered on his face. The man looked at Ash and smirked and looked at the stadium. 

The ship parked by the shore and he saw hundreds of people piling out of the ships. The entire island was redecorated and refurnished when the island was chosen to hold the tournament. 

The second Ash got off the ship, the media ran towards him and then he saw the other champions on their own ships all looking at him too. 

"Do you feel confident about defeating the Grand Champion?" The media asked Ash and the other champions. They waited for each other to answer first. 

"I'll go." Steven said. "Champion Red is a strong champion, yes but this year he will get completely run over by my steel type pokemon." 

"No we all know that my team will crumble him to pieces." Alder said. 

"Right last year I'm the one who actually got to him. I beat all of you and then I reached Red." Cynthia said.

"Then you got your butt whooped by his Aggron." Lance said not even looking at her. 

"What do you think Ash?" The media asked him. The man in the crowd looked at him in wonder with his smirk still on his face. 

"I'm gonna beat him. I trained all my life to become the best and now I'm gonna prove it." Ash said calmly.