Chapter 4 - The Hoenn Champion

Hey guys sorry for the late delay. I've had an insane amount of projects.

"Welcome the new champion of Kalos, Ash Ketchum!" Professor Oak announced. Ash walked towards the battlefield with his arm reached out towards the sky. He saw cameras flashing and hundreds calling his name and then he saw Steven with a small smirk on his face. He looked around and saw his friends cheering his name and saw Serena wishing him good luck.

"I have to win this battle or Alder's gonna ruin our reputation and make Red look so powerful that even the champions have to cheat in order to try and beat him." Ash thought. 

"The battle will be a 2 on 2 in a rocky terrain. Now champions get yourselves ready." The referee declared.  

Ash got into his battling stance and saw Steven do the same. 

"K nice and easy lets win this Cradily!" Steven threw his pokeball and cradily came out with a flash of green. 

"Go Snorlax!" Ash threw his pokeball at the same time. 

The 2 pokemon glared at each other.

"BATTLE BEGIN!" 

"ICE PUNCH SNORLAX LETS GO!" Snorlax freezes its hand and lunges towards the Cradily. 

"Look at that fist. It looks deadly and its super effective on Cradily." The commentator said. 

"Use ingrain." Cradily planted roots into the field. Snorlax hit the cradily with everything it had but Cradily didn't move. 

"THERE WAS NO EFFECT on the Cradily. Now that is what we expect from a champion." The crowd cheered.

"Ancient Power." Rocks came out of nowhere and were thrown towards the point blank Snorlax. It went flying and crashed into the border of the coliseum. Cradily flashed green and looked good as new.

"And Cradily looks good as new from the ingrain."

"How is that possible. Ingrain shouldn't heal you up that much." Ash thought.

"Questioning my ingrain huh? My Cradily has a big root." Steven said with a smirk. "No matter how hard you hit Cradily, he won't fall." 

"Use sandstorm Cradily." Steven ordered. A massive sandstorm spun up and overtook the entire coliseum. 

"It's almost impossible to see through this massive storm." The crowd started to rub their eyes.

"Use Hyper Beam Snorlax." Snorlax powered itself up and let loose a tremendous amount of concentrated energy. 

"LOOK AT THAT MASSIVE BLAST!" Cradily must have taken some serious damage. 

"Big Mistake Ash." Steven said. Ash looked at Steven with fear and saw Cradily take the blast with barely any affect on it. 

"Let's finish this Cradily. Use Ancient Power again and again at Snorlax." Hundreds of rocks came flying at Snorlax, hitting it repeatedly. 

"What are you talking about there's barely any damage down on Snorlax." 

"True but then again, wasn't trying to do damage." Steven said with a massive smile plastered on his face. Ash saw Cradily flash a dark green and saw the rocks hitting at higher and higher speed. 

"Now use Seed bomb." Green blobs came out of the ground and mixed in with the rocks and started to hit Snorlax. The sandstorm, the rocks, and the blobs were doing a massive amount of damage on Snorlax.

"Snorlax must be feeling that and the hyper beam made it immobilized. Could this be the end of Snorlax?" The commentator observed.

Ash looked at Serena and saw her with a smile on her face, looking straight at his face and he realized that she had faith in him. He observed Snorlax and saw that each rock was hitting Snorlax one by one and it kept on getting faster and faster. He realized that Steven's goal was to keep on rising Cradily's stats by Ancient Power. His eyes opened up and a grin was on his face as he realized that the solution was simple.