Chapter 11 - The Fourth Region

The pair walked through the lush forest. They had camped at Lake Variety after leaving Jubilife city and Sandgem Town. They had gotten lost in the forest and had finally found Lake Variety late at night. Now Ash and Gary walked towards the town where Dawn's mother resided.

"We've been walking in this forest for hours!" Gary said exasperated. Gary grabbed a tree branch and snapped it off. He used the branch as a walking stick but dropped it from it being too small.

"We should be there soon." Ash said without looking back. Gary had been getting on Ash's nerves with his constant whining.

"Last time you said that, we were lost in the forest and only because I smelled the moist air, did we find Lake Variety." Gary said arrogantly. He stumbled over a root and fell onto the cold, hard, ground. Ash looked back at the sprawled trainer on the ground.

"How about you lead after you get up?" Ash snapped at Gary. Gary got up slowly and got in front of Ash. He started to walk south.

"That's where we came from." Ash said, rolling his eyes. Gary didn't reply and continued. They passed their camp from yesterday. There was still ash on the ground from the fire they had yesterday night. They continued walking through the bushes and trees until they found a person who was walking towards Lake Variety.

"Um excuse me." Ash called at the fisherman. He turned towards the pair and looked at them skeptically.

"It is quite dangerous for 2 kids to be walking through the jungle. Where are your parents?" The fisherman asked.

"Sir, we seemed to have lost them. We were told to meet them at Twinleaf Town if we ever got lost. Can you please tell us where Twinleaf Town is?" Ash asked politely.

"Well Twinleaf town isn't too far from here. It should be about a 2 minute walk towards the south. Continue the way you were going and you should reach Twinleaf town soon." The fisherman replied.

"Alright thank you so much sir." Gary said. Gary and Ash continued walking south.

"I told you. I knew where we were supposed to go." Gary bragged after the fisherman was out of earshot.

"Oh you just got lucky." Ash said with irritation evident in his voice.

"Oh shut up, you're just jealous again." Gary retorted. Ash snorted and continued to walk ahead with Gary close behind him. They travelled through the bushes when Gary grabbed the wrong branch. He moved the branch out of the way but when he let go of the branch, it slingshotted towards a Beedrill hive. The group of Beedrill came out angrily and rushed towards the pair.

"Oops." Gary said fearfully, looking at the angry Beedrill. He took off, running through the trees and Pokémon. Ash took off, closely behind Gary.

"ARE YOU DUMB?!" Ash yelled at Gary.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!" Gary yelled back. Ash shook his head and kept on sprinting. They ran through the trees like death itself was chasing them which it kind of did. Gary turned his head around and looked at Ash who was deathly close to the swarm of Beedrill.

"COME ON ASH RUN FAST-" Gary yelled.

"LOOK OUT GARY!" Ash interrupted. Gary turned back around but he was too slow. He tripped over a massive root and he went flying down the cliff. Ash looked at Gary tumbling down the cliff. He looked back and saw the angry group of Beedrill. He came to a decision and his face hardened. Ash turned around and grabbed a Pokeball.

"GO CHARIZARD AND USE FLAMETHROWER!" Ash threw his trusty fire-type Pokémon's ball. Charizard came out with a roar, fire coming out of his teeth. He glared at the bug-type Pokémon. They buzzed around angrily and zoomed towards the dragon. Charizard snorted and opened his maw. A massive fire sphere started to form inside of his throat. Charizard smiled and a beam of pure flames erupted from his mouth towards the angrily Pokémon. The swarm tried to rush out of the way but they were too slow and took the blast head on. The remaining Beedrill glared at the group but fear took place of their anger and they left back towards their hive. Ash sighed in relief and climbed onto Charizard.

"Take me down to the bottom of the cliff." Ash ordered. Charizard took off and flew towards the bottom. Ash saw an unconscious body on a rock. Ash jumped off of Charizard and rushed towards his old rival.

"Gary, Gary, Gary." Ash called. He slapped Gary's face again and again. Ash looked at Gary in despair as tears started to form in his eyes. "GARY!" Ash screamed. He hit Gary's chest with his fist.

"Get off." Gary groaned quietly. Ash got off and looked at Gary who was smiling softly. "Good to know that you care so much about me."

"Gary are you okay?" Ash asked. He looked at Gary skeptically.

"Yeah other than the fact that I have a little bit of a headache and I blacked out for a while, I'm doing fine." Gary said. He slowly got up with the help of Ash. He leaned on Ash.

"Maybe we should fly the rest of the way?" Gary asked with a little chuckle.

"You know we can't. Twinleaf town is practically hidden in the forest and I don't want to hurt Charizard. Besides we don't have to. Look." Ash pointed. Under a tiny hill, a town was spread out.

"Twinleaf Town. Finally." Gary said with awe. "Its so tiny.""

"Lets go Gary. Dawn's mom is waiting." Gary leaned on Ash and they walked towards the tiny town as the sun set in the west.

Line Break

The black dragon flew threw the night with a trainer seated on his shoulder. The dragon wove threw the clouds with blue flames spitting through its maw. The dark, moonless night hid the dragon and his trusty rider as they flew past a white plane.

"It should be around here." The rider said to the dragon. Charizard dove steeply towards the ground. The rider tightened his grip on the dragon's spikes. They came out of the clouds and saw the enormous mansion, standing high and proud on the mountain that overlooked the Johto Pokémon League. The mountain became much more dangerous after an avalanche had happened last year. All the trails and routes were wiped and Mount Silver was declared unapproachable.

Charizard flew through the snowy biome, breathing flames to keep his trainer warm. The trainer slowly got off of Charizard and walked towards the entrance to the mansion with Charizard behind him. He looked at the mansion, smiled and knocked on the door 3 times. The black door slowly opened with a creak and white, blinding light shined on the middle aged man. After the man rubbed his eyes, he saw a man with a black and yellow hat with goggles looking at him.

"Hello." The man said. The stranger didn't reply and slowing rubbed his eyes. "Um sir, why are you up here?" The man asked. "Also how did you get up here. Its nearly impossible. Even that Charizard of yours couldn't possible fly here without freezing to death."

"You got up here didn't you?" The stranger asked.

"Well yes but I live here and I'm one of the strongest trainers in the entire world." The man said rudely. "From the looks of you, it looks like you barely even climbed onto that Charizard."

"GOLD! BE NICE!" A woman calls from behind Gold.

"Calm down Crys." Gold replies. "I'll ask you one more time. Who are you, what do you want, and how did you get up here?"

"Well I think my old trainee invited me to his party." The man replied. He pulled down his hood and looked at Gold in the eyes. Gold gasped at sight of his former teacher.

"Hello Gold." Red said mockingly.

And CUT! So yeah this is more of a filler chapter. I'm sorry for taking so much time but I've had so many projects. I'm gonna update again on Tuesday or Wednesday so Yea stay tuned.

Hope u liked the chapter
:)