Chapter 43

CONVERSATION

Noah practically woke up with a smile on her face the next morning, even though she was awoken by her alarm blaring loudly. She quickly rolled over and turned it off, thankfully being awake enough to not need to press snooze. As per her usual morning routine, she simply grabbed her phone to check her notifications.

On top was a message received a little over an hour earlier, much earlier in the morning.

Harry: Hey munchkin, I nearly forgot about a shift I have at the furniture store this morning so I'm about to drive there now. I'll talk to William about possibly getting Friday and the rest of the weekend off so I can come back and make some stuff for whenever I'm able to be at the farmer's market. And to see you, of course. Especially you. Could I take you out on that date on Saturday? Maybe even Friday. The earlier the better, honestly. Anyway, I'll update you about what William says. Hope you have a lovely day, lovely girl. Love you.

Noah could hardly fight the wide smile on her face at seeing such a long winded message from Harry, considering he wasn't usually the type to text so much at once. She was a little sad, though, that she wasn't going to see him until later that week.

Noah: good morning handsome! i'll miss you tons this week and sad i didn't get to say bye but i hope your drive is going smoothly. friday works for me! i can't wait to see you again. i hope you have a good day at work, carpenter king. call me when you get off? love you and miss you :(

Having a bit of pep in her step, Noah rolled out of bed and got herself ready for work. After a quick shower, which involved her awkwardly trying to avoid getting her stitches wet, she quickly applied lotion and changed the bandages on her neck, then dried her hair and straightened it before getting dressed. Her outfit was quite simple: a pair of gray flared cigarette pants with a simple black t-shirt tucked into them. She planned on wearing a pair of chunky heeled black ankle boots, but she would put them on right before she left.

It wasn't long before Noah was walking out to her kitchen, seeing her roommate Colette standing at the island eating some cereal.

"Hey," Colette mumbled just before swallowing her bite. "Where were you last night? You got home late." Her gaze trailed down to Noah's neck, seeing the obvious bandage there. "What the hell, are you okay?"

Colette's job had her working different shifts at different times, so she was already in bed by the time Noah got home the previous night since she had an early shift that morning.

"I'm okay. It's a long story," Noah said, walking to the freezer to grab a couple Eggo waffles. She was 23 years old, but even she enjoyed treating herself to Eggo waffles on mornings when she couldn't be bothered to make a genuine breakfast.

Finishing off the last bit of her cereal, Colette walked to the sink and said, "give me the condensed version now and the full version later?"

Noah swallowed somewhat nervously, knowing that Colette would be a bit flabbergasted to hear that Harry was somehow back.

Popping the waffles down in the toasted, Noah responded with, "condensed version: me and Harry are back together."

The sound of the bowl and spoon clinking against the metal of the sink as Colette dropped them cut through the air.

"The fuck?" Colette exclaimed, completely thrown off guard and convinced that she had heard Noah wrong.

"I told you it was a long story," Noah sheepishly said, already knowing that Colette would be upset at how sudden this was and how she hadn't been told any of it.

Colette stared at Noah in shock for a moment, still processing her words.

"What do you mean you're back together with Harry?"