Chapter 55

ETERNAL

Your wedding day tends to be the best and worst day of your life.

The best for obvious reasons, and the worst because the amount of stress and anxiousness that surrounds the entire day is immeasurable.

It's all worth it though, Noah reminded herself as she sat in the dressing room meant for the bride at the wedding venue. Her hair was already done, put up in a beautiful low bun at the back of her head with loosely curled pieces pulled out at the front to frame her face. Her makeup was done, too, a simple yet elegant look that enhanced her natural features stunningly. She was in a comfortable outfit while she waited until the right time to change into her wedding dress, staring herself down in the mirror as she felt her nerves rising.

She was simply anxious because she wanted everything to go smoothly for the guests. There were quite a lot of people there, some who had come a long way, and she didn't want to disappoint them in any way. Making sure that everyone had a good time was near the top of her priority list.

As always, the very top of her priority list was Harry. She could only imagine how nervous he was, so she was worried about him having a good time, too.

Before she could think a second more, she picked up her phone and quickly dialed Harry. Within a few rings, he picked up.

"Hi there, now's not really a good time - I'm at a wedding," he joked as soon as he picked up.

Noah instantly heard the airiness in his voice, making her think that he might not have been as nervous as she thought he would be.

"Yeah, I'm at that same wedding and I'm about to shit myself," was Noah's eloquent reply.

Harry was entirely surprised to hear that, as he never thought Noah would be nervous for this. If anything, he should have been the one nervous while she was the one excited beyond belief.

"Shit yourself? I sure hope you're not wearing a beautiful white dress while that happens..."

"Harry," Noah lightly scolded. "I'm serious. I'm so nervous."

Letting out a gentle laugh, Harry asked, "why, bub? Not getting cold feet are you?"

Noah sighed and quickly said, "no, I just want everything to go perfectly."

That answer wasn't surprising to Harry in the slightest. "We've been planning this for about a year, it'll be amazing, okay? It's our wedding. This day is for us so enjoy yourself, baby. It's gonna be a fucking blast and then, right after it, we'll be married. Husband and wife. How amazing is that?"

It was no surprise that Harry knew exactly what Noah needed to hear to be calmed down. Their almost four years together proved worthwhile in terms of how well they knew each other by that point.

"So amazing," Noah quietly responded. "Thank you, handsome. I promise I'm excited for the actual marriage part, I just want everyone to have a good time."

"They will," Harry answered confidently. "Now, I believe you have to continue getting ready for your wedding and I'll continue getting ready for mine." His silly joke got a pity laugh out of Noah, but he took it as a win. "I love you, munchkin. I'll see you walking down the aisle toward me soon, okay?"

"Okay," Noah let out a deep breath. "I love you."

It wasn't long later before Noah was waiting just outside the doors that would open to the aisle which led her to Harry. Her dad, Vincent, was standing beside her, giving her a pep talk and blabbering about how grown up his little girl was. He made some joke about how she was still actually little (still his peanut, to be exact) and expressed how proud and happy he was for her. He adored Harry and couldn't have been happier that he was the person she was choosing to spend the rest of her life with.