Chapter 31

COMPLETE

The following week somewhat dragged by for Noah and Harry. Both of them returned to work as normal, with Harry training even though he didn't have a fight that following weekend either. It was still expected that the fighters stay in shape throughout the week even if they weren't scheduled to fight at the weekend.

Noah kept expressing her excitement for Harry's birthday and insisted that he not make any plans because she was planning something herself.

On Friday, the day before Harry's birthday, Noah went home after work and ate dinner with her roommate Colette, since it was obvious that Noah was going to be busy that weekend with Harry and she wanted to spend some time with Colette before that. After dinner, she quickly packed her overnight bag for two nights and made her way over to Harry's apartment.

Ever since Harry gave her a key to his apartment, she would simply just let herself in rather than knocking and waiting for him to open the door for her. With that being said, she used her key to unlock his door and entered his apartment without knocking.

It quickly became apparent that Harry was showering when she walked in, because she could hear the sound of running water coming from down the hall. It was just past 9PM and Noah knew that Harry had only gotten home not long ago, because he had told her that he was staying late to train once again, to make up for the fact that he was not fighting for the second weekend in a row.

Because Harry had stayed late at the ring, he just wanted to get home when he finished training for the night, so he decided he would shower at home instead of at the gym. Noah decided to let him finish his shower in peace, so she just made herself at home and went into his room to place her stuff down.

Noah knew that Harry hadn't eaten yet, so she made her way out of his room and into his kitchen where she looked in his fridge for something to use to make him dinner. She found something simple and managed to cook it quite quickly, such that she was already dishing it up when Harry came walking down the hall.

Harry's hair was still wet, with darkened strands falling down across his forehead and reaching his eyebrows. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and plain black sweatpants with socks covering his feet. He took lazy steps towards Noah, having already heard her moving around in his kitchen before he exited his room.

"Hi, handsome," Noah said as he approached, already placing the plate in front of one of the bar stools at the kitchen island.

Rather than replying right away, Harry wrapped his arms around Noah's shoulders to pull her in for a hug, giving her a gentle squeeze as she placed her own arms around his waist. He then pulled away and said, "hey, bub," before pressing a few kisses to her lips and gesturing his head to the plate and asking, "for me?"

Noah hummed in response, "mhm, eat up, big guy."

A laugh rattled up Harry's throat as he thanked her and pulled out the bar stool to sit on it, but he pulled Noah onto his lap before she could move away.

As Harry ate his food with Noah sitting sideways on his lap, they spoke simply about their days and such. Noah did most of the talking, as usual, but Harry joined in sometimes in between bites and appreciated hearing her voice and thoughts after the long day he had.

He finished his meal rather quickly and expressed his desire to just cuddle in bed because he was quite tired from training. Naturally, Noah had no objections, so they were soon on Harry's bed with Noah sitting up against the headboard and Harry lying in between her legs, resting his back against her front. They had undressed down to their underwear as usual, allowing their body heats to be their main source of warmth