Chapter 5

EXCITEMENT

Harry was distracted again. He knew he shouldn't be and he was trying really hard not to be, but he couldn't help it.

Once again, it was the day after seeing Noah, Monday, to be specific, and he was training with Ray. All Harry could think about, however, was the fact that he was going on a date with Noah in four days. He was very excited, of course, because so far, she seemed to be his literal dream girl. He didn't want to get ahead of himself and he wasn't trying to, but everything was going really well so far.

There had to be a catch.

Harry was also distracted because he knew he had to plan the date. He had no idea what to fucking do. He hadn't been on a date in years. Sure, he had hung out with people in the past on what could have been considered dates, but they were never officially labeled as such. Where the fuck do you take a girl like Noah out on a date?

After yet another boxing pad to the head from Ray due to Harry not blocking it in time, Ray decided to put an end to it, "alright, breather. What's going on, Styles? You're out of it."

Harry's chest heaved up and down as he caught his breath from hours upon hours of training. He turned around and walked to the edge of the ring, bending down to pick up his water bottle before bringing it to his lips and taking large gulps. His gray shirt was darkened with sweat and sticking to his skin, making him pull it away from his body for breathing room. He was wearing plain black athletic shorts and his usual pair of black boxing shoes. The front of his hair was being held back by a plain black claw clip.

"I'm fine."

Ray scoffed and rolled his eyes. He was used to this. Harry never shared much about himself and Ray had been trying to get him to open up for years. He cared about Harry. Ray just wanted to help him in any way he could and show Harry that he could trust him.

"Don't play that shit with me. You've been out of it ever since you got here this morning. You can talk to me, you know? I know I'm just your trainer but I've known you for years. You can trust me."

Harry digested his words and took one final sip of water before placing it back on the floor. He rolled his shoulders and his head from side to side to loosen up his muscles. "I just... I have a date on Friday and I'm kind of losing my mind over it," Harry said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Ray let out a surprised laugh with his jaw dropped. That was definitely the last thing he expected to come out of Harry's mouth. "A date?! Damn. Who's the lucky person?"

Harry brought his left arm across his chest, using his other arm to stretch it across his body. "Her name's Noah." He repeated the stretching process with his other arm.

"Noah? Cute name. She cute too?"

Dropping his arms at his side, Harry let out a sarcastic scoff. "I don't think cute does her justice..." he mumbled, but Ray definitely heard him.

Never having heard Harry speak of things like this before, Ray was very shocked. He was enjoying it, though. "Where are you taking her?"

Harry groaned and lowered himself down to sit on the floor of the ring, resting his arms on his propped up knees. "That's why I'm losing my mind, I have no fucking idea. I mean, I have some ideas, but I don't know if they're dumb."

Ray was now leaning against the post in one corner, relaxing his posture. "Let's hear 'em."

Nervously rubbing his chin and clearing his throat, Harry prepared himself for possible embarrassment. He briefly explained his potential date idea, ending with, "...but that seems way too tacky and juvenile."