Chapter 65

REFLECT

It had been way too long.

"Come on, everyone! Hurry it up!"

It had been way too long since Harry had told everyone that they should have been ready in five minutes. That was actually about twenty minutes ago.

Harry was in the kitchen grabbing the cooler of food he had finished packing a while ago, then he brought it over to the back door where the rest of their things were that they were bringing with them.

Leo came strolling toward the back door, the first one ready to go other than Harry. That was usually how it went in their family.

"Where's your brother?"

Shrugging, Leo said, "dunno, I think he was trying to put his floaties on."

That made Harry lightheartedly scoff. "Yeah, sounds about right."

"Daddy!" Harry heard next just before his daughter came running toward him, dressed in an adorable swimsuit that had frills around the waist like a tutu.

"Ready to go, bug?" Harry asked as she came toward him and hoped to be picked up, which he obviously did.

"Do you like my bathing suit?" Cody asked, pulling on the frills by her stomach.

Harry smiled and said, "it's almost as pretty as you, sweetheart."

Just over three years ago, their beautiful, healthy baby girl was born. Noah and Harry had been over the moon, because she was everything they ever dreamed of.

They named her Cody and she looked just like Noah, with Harry's eyes and hair. The rest of her features were Noah's, though, making her pretty much a mini-Noah.

Leo loved his baby sister when she was first born and constantly sat on the couch with her on his lap, with his parents' supervision, of course. River loved her, too, but he was still young when she was born so he was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Harry especially bonded with Cody, as he absolutely fawned over her. After having two boys, Harry was just so enamored with his daughter. He loved all of his children equally, of course, but he just felt a strong connection with Cody from the start. Just like Leo was a momma's boy right from birth, Cody was instantly attached to Harry, too.

Cody was easily calmed down whenever Harry comforted her. His soothing voice and presence was just what she needed to relax when she was upset in some way.

As a result, she was still a daddy's girl to that day. It was only fair, too, since Harry spent many nights cramped into her tiny crib whenever she had a rough time sleeping.

Harry really was the best dad ever.

At that moment, River was the next one to come toward them, fitted with floaties on each arm.

Leo let out a laugh. "You don't need the floaties yet, dude."

River huffed and said, "I'm just prepared."

Gently laughing himself, Harry set Cody down and said, "boys, can you help start bringing some stuff down to the boat?"

Easily complying with his request, Leo and River picked up whatever bags they could carry, then opened the door and began to make their way toward the boat.

The family was taking a trip out on their recently-purchased small yacht that day, as it was a hot July weekend and they were eager to cool off by going for a swim in the bay. Teddy was an older dog by that point, about eleven years old, but he still came on the boat and just laid down on the deck the whole time. Sometimes he went for a swim himself, if he was feeling up for it.