Chapter 14

Camila and Lauren finished writing down their date plans as a joke. Or what Camila thought was a joke. She didn't really have any intentions of doing all of that stuff. It was dumb. She was being silly. But Lauren was going to make it a reality. She thought it would be cute. After all, they had listed all of those things together. And she knew Camila well enough to know that some part of her actually wanted to do every single one of those activities.

The following week of school passed by in a blur. Nothing of importance had happened. Lauren's comfortability with Camila in public had increased infinitely. Where she used to be too nervous to merely hold her hand, she was now brazenly claiming her girl. They kissed anywhere they felt the urge. In the hallways, in class, at lunch, everywhere. They weren't restricted to their homes. They weren't confined to the stairwell. Camila and Lauren did whatever they wanted, wherever they pleased.

Their friends had been egging them on as well. Apparently, Dinah's nickname for the two had caught on. Normani and Ally had caught themselves referring to the couple as "Camren" more than once. What started off as a mockery soon became a part of heir vocabularies. They just kind of accepted it. And Dinah basked in all of her glory for starting it.

On Friday, after the final bell, Normani, Dinah, and Ally were exiting their classes. The trio always seemed to meet at the same intersection. And they luckily had lockers not too far from each other. There were about two or three people in between each of their lockers, but they were relatively close nonetheless. The girls all entered their combinations, missing the presence of Camila and Lauren.

It wasn't hard to guess where they were. And their suspicions were confirmed when they looked over at Lauren's locker, which was the only one further down the hall. The two were lazily kissing against the lockers, regardless of their surroundings. People around them were trying to go to their lockers and head on home, but Camila and Lauren served as their obstacles. Dinah thought it was kind of inconsiderate, but she shrugged it off. If Camila was happy now, then so be it. At least their secretive days were over.

"Okay," Dinah called out to them, disrupting their little session. A crumpled up paper ball fell out of her cluttered locker, and she chucked it at them.

Camila pulled back and frowned in Dinah's direction. "Do you mind?" she giggled.

"Do you mind?" Dinah countered, gesturing to the people standing patiently behind them.

"Hmm, nope. Lauren, baby, do you mind?" Camila smirked at the girl that was up against the lockers.

"Camz," Lauren laughed as she pushed her back gently. "Dinah's right. We're being obnoxious..."

"Yeah," Dinah seconded, although she didn't recall saying those words.

"Fine," Camila sighed and let Lauren push her away. The kids standing behind them quickly shuffled over and were gone in a minute. Lauren took it upon herself to visit her own locker. When she got her book bag, she intertwined her fingers with Camila's once more.

Dinah rolled her eyes. "Don't be that couple."

"What couple?" Lauren laughed.

"The one that's fucking PDA crazy," Dinah scoffed as they walked over to Camila's locker.

"We're not," Camila disagreed. She put in her combination incorrectly twice before successfully opening it. Lauren posed as a distraction, even when she wasn't doing anything.

"Sure," Normani interjected as she appeared beside them.

"I think it's cute," Ally shrugged.

"Yeah.. You guys are just mad you're not getting any action," Camila smirked before pulling Lauren into another kiss.