Chapter 9

Days after their kiss, Camila was still reliving it. It was only about five seconds, but it was probably the best five seconds of her entire life. No exaggerations there at all. She'd ranked it higher than seeing Demi Lovato in concert, meeting Ed Sheeran, and getting Harry Styles to follow her on twitter. It easily surpassed her entire relationship with Austin. She was even willing to bet that kissing Lauren was better than bananas. Maybe not. Maybe it was a close second. No, it was definitely better.

Lauren had given her journal back, and Camila had spent hours that night describing their kiss with ridiculous cliches. She'd compared it to things that didn't even make sense. She'd scrawled nearly eight pages about the kiss alone. And she wasn't even halfway finished yet.

When Monday rolled back around, she entered the school with a glow. Dinah took notice of the way she couldn't stop smiling on the bus. She was usually groggy in the mornings or staring at Lauren. She was so creepy sometimes. But as she looked over at her, Dinah saw that Camila was doing no such thing. She was smiling dumbly, looking straight ahead. Dinah looked over at Lauren and saw that she was curled up listening to music. Lauren slept in the morning most times too. Camila wasn't looking at Lauren, yet she was still smiling like an idiot.

Her smile didn't falter the rest of the bus ride. Dinah didn't have the energy to ask her about it now, but she would later. It hadn't faded in the slightest, even as they were getting off of the bus. Dinah trailed behind Camila with a smirk, waiting for her to share. But Camila kept it to herself the entire way to her locker. She sensed Dinah's gaze on her and turned around.

"What?" Camila laughed as she began to put in her locker combination.

"You tell me," Dinah responded as she put in hers as well.

"Tell you what?" Camila played coy.

"Girl, please. I know something's up. That dumb smile hasn't left your face since you got on the bus," Dinah shared. "Oh my god... You got some didn't you? Oh shit, Mila!" she jested playfully.

"No, Dinah.. Ew, shut up," she laughed.

"Who was it? Was it Shawn? Austin?" Dinah continued.

"I'm gonna slap you," Camila warned as she got her necessary books.

"Seriously though, why are you so smiley?" she asked as she jabbed Camila in the ribs.

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you..." Camila grinned once more at the thought of what had happened three days ago.

"Try me," Dinah challenged.

"I kissed Lauren," Camila shared. Then her stomach flipped. It always did that whenever she recalled the event. She was almost getting used to the sensation.

"Forreal, what?" Dinah dismissed her statement.

"I just told you..." Camila lowered her voice to a whisper. "I kissed Lauren."

"You did?" Dinah asked incredulously. She was so hesitant to take her seriously. Camila often mixed up her delusions with reality and spewed bullshit to Dinah all the time. Was now any different? Or was she kidding?

"Yeah..." Camila nodded vigorously. Then she rested her head against the locker and squealed involuntarily. It was an inhuman noise.

With that, whatever it was... Dinah believed her. "What the hell did I miss..."

"I have a lot to tell you," Camila began. Then she disclosed all of the details. She shared every moment and recapped the confrontation accurately. Then she made Dinah endure her fangirling session because she couldn't quite contain herself just yet. She still needed a second or two to scream after almost every admission. Dinah listened patiently, assuming how hard it was to talk about something she was so excited about.