Chapter 11

Camila hadn't gotten the chance to broach the subject with Lauren just yet. She told Normani and Ally she was going to eat lunch with them, but she wanted to be with Lauren. She didn't want to be the person that put the one they were seeing over their friends. But she did want to talk to her about it. She figured she could just do both. She'd spend half of her lunch break with the girls, and the other half with the Lauren in the stairwell.

"Look who decided to show up today," Dinah quipped when she saw Camila heading towards their table.

"Be nice," Normani laughed.

"Hey," Camila smiled brightly as she reached her seat.

"Welcome back," Dinah greeted her shortly. She wasn't actually mad, she was just kidding.

"Hey Mila," Ally returned her smile.

"What's up?" Normani smiled as well.

"Nothing. What's up with you guys?" Camila asked casually.

"Nothing," she shrugged.

"Why do people still ask that? No one ever answers the right way," Camila laughed.

"I don't know," Normani laughed.

"Where have you been, loser?" Dinah asked, she was more than ready to get answers.

"Oh, you know... Just um, the library," Camila lied.

"For two weeks?" Dinah called her bluff.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Cut the bullshit, Mila. Where were you?" Dinah rolled her eyes.

"The library. And I have to go there again in a few minutes," Camila said nervously as she glanced up at the clock.

"For what though?" Ally chimed in.

"Um..." Camila mumbled. She hated being put on the spot. And she hated interrogations even more. "I have to go to the restroom," she excused herself quickly. She scooted her chair back and power-walked out of the cafeteria. She held her crotch just for good measure.

"Hell nah," Dinah narrowed her eyes as she watched Camila make a break. She decided to take matters into her own hands. She was going to investigate.

Camila went in the direction of the restrooms and checked behind her. She had a feeling someone was following her. She was right. Dinah had trailed behind her, but stealthily hid behind a wall when she saw her turn around. When Camila saw that the coast was clear, she headed towards her true destination. Lauren was waiting in the staircase for her when she entered. She had been getting worried, Camila was usually never late. She relaxed when she saw her push through the door, but the expression on her face made her apprehensive.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked as Camila climbed the stairs.

Dinah smoothly entered from behind, catching the door when it closed after Camila. She eased into the stairwell quietly.

"Why can't I tell them? I'm pretty sure they already know and you know they'd accept it and stuff..." Camila blurted out as she reached Lauren. They'd always sit at the top stair of the middle floor. It gave them enough time to flee if someone opened the door on either level. It was a foolproof plan most times. But Camila had run up the stairs and now she was out of breath.

"What? Slow down," Lauren responded softly as she pulled her into her embrace.

"I was late because I went to lunch.. They were getting suspicious about why we were never there, like I told you they would. They're not stupid, Laur..." Camila rushed her words.