Chapter 10

"I think my face is going to fall off," Camila laughed.

The two of them were sitting on Camila's bed. It was twin sized, which forced them to be closer together. Neither of them minded that at all. Lauren was leaning against the headboard and Camila was laying against Lauren. Lauren's arms were clasped loosely around Camila.

Lauren strained to look at her, quite alarmed at her admission. When she saw her smiling, she relaxed. "Why?"

"I've been smiling all day. And now my face hurts, but I can't stop," Camila answered through her laughter.

"You're so cute," Lauren shook her head and resumed her previous position. "Why have you been smiling?" she asked even though she already knew. She just wanted to hear her say it.

"You," Camila answered simply.

"Me?" Lauren asked coyly as her smile returned.

"Mhm. And it's so weird because you've never noticed until I lost my journal," Camila noted. "I always used to smile because of you. Literally, all the time."

"I just thought you were happy," Lauren giggled. "I'm probably the most oblivious person on earth..."

"Not the most... But you're definitely in the top three," Camila teased.

"Shut up," Lauren responded playfully. "You should be nice to me, because I could easily push you off of the bed."

"Like you would though," Camila challenged.

"Try me," Lauren quipped with a smirk.

"I won't," she laughed, because Camila wasn't exactly sure how to "try her". So she just dropped the conversation there.

She leaned further into Lauren and much to her delight, Lauren's grip on her tightened. She was being held securely by the girl of her dreams. Camila's head fit perfectly between Lauren's neck and shoulder. She was so close to her now. And Lauren's scent was heavenly. She was so hesitant to do anything before, but as the time passed, so did her tentativeness. Camila turned slightly and cuddled into Lauren's side. Lauren smiled subconsciously and trailed her fingers along her side. Camila leaned up and pressed her lips to her neck chastely. She was finally able to act on the impulses she'd always had. Now that she was uninhibited, she barely knew what to do with herself.

Camila was looking up at Lauren's side profile, and she struggled to find a flaw. She looked at her few acne spots and completely disregarded it. She saw her bushy eyebrows and thought they were flawless. She thought they suited her. She even looked down at her double chin and smiled, that suited her too. Lauren was so cute. She knew those were Lauren's main insecurities, but she couldn't bring herself to find something wrong with any of it.

"This is perfect," Lauren sighed as she continued caressing Camila's side. She'd mindlessly began drawing shapes. She stilled her hand and simply rested it on her thigh.

"Yeah," Camila nodded. "It feels so natural."

"Right?" Lauren agreed. She'd cuddled with Camila before, but never so intimately like this. To her, it had always been platonic. Now, she felt a lot with the simple gesture.

Camila did too, but she was focusing on keeping her cool. She would definitely have to write about this later. She could lose her shit then. But not now. Now was too perfect to disrupt by her embarrassing fangirling ways. But she couldn't help the way she kept thinking about how their dynamic had drastically changed over the past week.

She'd gone from being basically ignored to having all of her attention. From dreaming, thinking, and wishing about kissing her to actually kissing her. Three times, to be exact. She had to hold in the squeal that was threatening to escape. It probably would involuntarily. She was so fucking happy, that was the only way she knew how to express it.