Chapter 12

The girls woke up disoriented and groggy the next morning. Ally was laying in an odd position, cuddling a pillow on the floor. Dinah was just laying on the floor with her limbs spread out in every direction. Normani was sleeping normally, curled up into a ball, resting her head on Ally's legs. They had all conked out in different places of Normani's room, in various positions. All except an infamous two. Camila and Lauren were in the spooning position on Normani's bed.

All of the girls had woken up by now except for those two. They had all gathered around Normani's bed, staring at them. Normani and Ally were slightly confused. But when Normani recalled what she'd seen last night, she accepted it. If they were dating, cuddling would definitely be a factor. Ally just assumed they were Camila and Lauren, doing what Camila and Lauren always did. Just a little closer. But Dinah knew it all.

"Aww," Dinah cooed as she pulled out her phone to take a picture.

"I guess they're not fighting anymore," Ally smiled.

Dinah snickered to herself, because they had definitely not been fighting. They'd been doing the opposite of that, whatever it was. She decided she would have to squeeze some details out of Camila later on.

Normani contemplated if she should let her friends in on what she'd witnessed. Maybe it was just a friendly kiss. But then again, she couldn't recall kissing any of them in a friendly way. Or at all. And they'd been friends for years. Perhaps they were actually dating. Maybe they just really wanted to keep it under wraps.

Normani felt like her friends didn't have to hide their relationship. Knowing Ally and Dinah, there wasn't much left to the imagination. Now that she had seen it firsthand, she could back up that claim. They didn't get weird seeing them that close together. There were no snide remarks. Well, maybe there would be from Dinah... Simply because she's Dinah. But even then, it would all be in good fun. And if they were hiding it, they weren't doing a very good job of it. With the assumption that they'd find out eventually, she told them.

"Guys," Normani prompted, breaking their attention from the two sleeping girls.

"What?" Ally responded.

"I saw them last night," Normani shared evasively.

"You saw them what?" Dinah asked. Her statement wasn't clear at all.

Normani backed up from the bed and urged her friends to follow. She didn't want Camila and Lauren to overhear. What if they weren't sleeping? That would be all kinds of messy.

"They were kissing last night," she said in a hushed tone.

"Really?" Ally asked incredulously. "Mani, are you serious?"

"Yeah..." Normani nodded as she cast a glance back at the pair. They were still sleeping, so good.

Dinah felt the need to share what little she knew about the situation. Camila hadn't told her any further details. What she had found out, she had to literally see for herself. They clearly weren't being open about this just yet. Although she knew it wasn't her place to out them, she was going to. She didn't like the prospect of keeping things hidden within their friend group. That was how unnecessary drama started, and they didn't need any of that.

Dinah backed up even further and yanked Normani and Ally back with her. "Imma tell y'all something," she started off. Then she just decided to stand in the hallway. Normani and Ally followed her and Ally closed the door for good measure.

"Mila and Lauren go to that nasty old staircase at the end of the hall every day during lunch or something. That's where they've been. They just started coming back because apparently Mila thought she was hiding them or something... So Lo wanted to prove she wasn't. Which she still was, 'cause I mean, they still haven't said anything. Then that day Mila was acting hella sketchy, I followed her in there and saw her talking to Lo about it. And they were kissing and stuff in there too... I was like damn. But then I got caught, and they kissed in front of me, which was hella cute," Dinah concluded.