♤ Settling In

Kichona had slipped into the dress Iruma had left her. It was a puffy-sleeved dress, that had a black lace bodice and silver belt with an amethyst at the side. The skirt then reached below her knees, and was hemmed with black lace.

He had also left black boots that laced up to her calves, and black gloves with a white fur trimming. It was awkward putting gloves on at first, but they were cool and silky to the touch. Iruma had also left a choker, simmilar to what he had, excepy it was silver and not gold. But Kichona had decided not to wear it; as in her opinion, it felt like a dog's collar.

And she had no intention of becoming anyone's dog. She still felt a bit dumbfounded, of the situation that she is currently in. Kichona also didn't feel angry or hateful towards her idiotic parents. Maybe its because they disapointed her again and again, and she kept convincing herself that they'd change, only to be disapointed yet again, to the point that she gave up and just went with what was thrown at her.

Kichona shook her head.

But she didn't even know what to make of the situation now. It just seems so bizzare. She, a normal 16 year old girl, becoming a demon's bride. At 16!

Well, Iruma didn't say when they'd get married. Only that they will. And he also mentioned that they were in the Netherworld. 'Am I in Hell?', she thought panicking slightly. She obviously didn't want to become Hell's Queen. She decided to sit on one of the sofas that decorated the room.

Kichona slouched her back and lay her head in her palms. She didn't realise thst she was crying until she felt tears wet her palms. Even though her parents weren't the best, they were still her parents, and it still hurt. It hurt that they'd be willing to sell their own daughter to a demon.

She then heard a small puff!

A plate appeared on the bed side table. A small note was attached to it as well.

Frowning, Kichona picked it up. The paper smelt like brown sugar and was gilded in gold. Neat handwriting was written on it.

'To Kichona,

I'm sorry, but I forgot to tell you that its already past midnight here. I should have sent you a nightdress instead of your current apparel. I am sorry for the mix up. Forgive me. To make up for it I'm sending you one of my favourite dishes. I'm not certain of your tastes, and I'm sure that the food on your plate looks revolting to you. But I assure you, demon world food looks disgusting but its really good to be honest. If I'm not mistaken, it tastes like that well known human dish called Mac n' Cheese. Soon after you finish your meal, a nightdress shall be sent over. I think you'd like it.

I send this with my deep regrets. Hope the food will cheer ya' up.

From Iruma.'

Kochina turned to look at the food on the plate. It was revolting. It looked like mushed, wet ham. It had a dark brown sauce. Although it smelt a bit like chocolate. And something else that smelt bitter. Sighing she took the spoon and dug it into the horrid thing and begrudgingly took a small bite.

Flavour exploded in her mouth. Iruma was right. It did taste like mac N' cheese. The sauce was salty and creamy while the the ham-like stuff was sweet. Without knowing it, she was scarfing down the stuff in minutes flat.

Her stomach was satistied after stuffing her face. Kichona lay on the bed, patting her stomach. A small chime-like sound rang from the bed side table. She turned to see the note glimmering.

Curious she looked at it again. The writting had been changed!

'Wow, that was quick! I guess you really liked it!?! Well,I'm sending over a nightdress right now

From Iruma'.

Kichona looked at the bed. Sure enough there was a black lace dress set neatly on the bed. Kichona looked at the material. It looked soft and extremely comfortable. She shrugged it on and realised that it was insanely soft. 'I could get used to this',she thought.

The lights in the room dimmed down to a certain degree.

"Guess I can catch some Z's now", Kichona muttered to herself. Plopping herself on the bed, she propped her body to feel comfortable.

"Strange. It still feels like a dream", she mused to herself. That was the last thing she said before her drained body lost concioousness, upon her head landing on a pillow.

____________________________________________________________________

Kichona's eye's fluttered slowly. "Man. I slept like a log", she muttered. She lay on her right side and rubbed her eyes with her left hand. Peeling her eyes open, she turned her sight to the slight crack in the drapes. A thin sheet of light pierced through. 'Its morning already", she thought. She pressed the side of her face into the pillow. Only it felt lumpy. 'Hey. Why does it feel as if I'm sleeping on muscle and flesh', she thought. Her answer was soon given to her.

"Five more minutes", she heard Iruma's sleepy voice speak. "The Hell!", she screeched. She was ready to rocket out of bed, only to have a strong arm latch around her waist in a firm grip. "Just let me enjoy this", Iruma said burying his nose into her purple hair; spooning her close to him. Kichona let out a small squeak. For a moment, she was glad that he wasn't facing her. If he did, he'd see her beet red face. He murmured something into her hair, of which was unaudible to Kichona.

"Iruma. What are you doing here?", she choked. Iruma just nuzzled into her hair. "I just came to check on you last night. And I'll admit. You just looked so adorable that I just sat by you, and started stroking your hair. Soon, I too fell asleep here", Iruma explained, while taking in her scent.

"Um. Thats good of you to be concerned for me but can you let go of me now?", the now flushed girl asked. Iruma chuckled.

"Nope", he said popping the 'p'. "You're mine and I refuse to restrain myself from you", he firmly stated. "And besides. You smell nice", he commented.

Kichona mouthed "Creep".

"Ahhh. My Sweetness called me a creep", he chuckled, taking another deep whiff of her hair. "Alright thats enough", she elbowed him in the ribs. Iruma unlatched himself from her and fell off the bed with a thud. Kichona propped herself against the bedframe looking at Iruma's sprawled figure on the floor. "Ow", he rasped, rubbing the back of his head. He looked at Kichona and gave a smirk.

"Ha! You're face is red", he cackled, which in turn, made her go even redder.

"I should tell you, that thats the bathroom", Iruma said pointing to a small door at the far corner if the room. "You can wear yesterday's clothes that I sent. And please, may I request that you wear that choker. It would set your eyes quite nicely.", the demon rambled. Kichona glared at him.

"Okay. But can you get out so I can change?", Kichona asked nomcholantly.

"Aww.....can't I stay?", he whined. "No", the frantic girl pressed. Iruma grinned before snapping his fingers and disappearing out the room.

Kichona shook her head slowly. 'The nerve of that guy',she gushed.