♤ Plans

PICTURE ABOVE ISN'T MINE

"So you're 16 right?", Iruma nervously chuckled.

"Yeah, why?", Kichona countered, lounging on the sofa across from him, belly full from the pancake.

Iruma rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, humans normally go to highschool, and you're supposedly a highschool student so.....".

"What are you getting at?", Kichona arched a brow. Iruma smiled awkwardly. "Would you like to go to school?", he asked.

Kichona looked down at her lap. She had never cared much for school, since most of the time she would focus on surviving the dangerous situations her parents would land her in.

Regardless, she was good at school. Not brilliant but above average at least. Maths, Biology and Science were her strongest subjects, Chemistry not so much but solid B's. It was a miracle that the mental strain from her almost daily shenanigans didn't hinder her grades.

"I'm not sure, I never bothered much with school. I was more or less average, not outstanding", she explained still looking at her lap. She raised her eyes to look at Iruma.

"I wouldn't mind going, but wouldn't school here be.....".

"Different?", Iruma finished.

"Exactly!", she drawled. Iruma's shoulders shook as he laughed. "You're not wrong about that Sweetness. When I first attended school here, believe me it wasn't a walk through the park", he tittered.

His blue orbs looked at his hands. "But I did have a good time there. Odd as it was", he murmured closing his eyes, recalling a memory. "What would I learn there?", she asked.

"It depends on your rank", Iruma answered.

"Rank?", she asked. Iruma nodded his head.

"Demons have a ranking system much like every other civilisation in history. Believe me its necessary to maintain order", he explained. "Powerful demons are given higher ranks and positions in society, whereas weaker demons are.....not so much", he continued.

"Okay".

"If you go to school, you must work hard to earn a good rank. But considering you're human it won't be easy Sweetness", Iruma placed his chin atop the back of his palm.

"Iruma, if demons can use magic, is it a requirement?", Kichona asked.

"Clever question! Well most demons have abilities involving magic", he rambled on. "So kind of".

"I get the gist of it", Kichona declared.

"Oh there's much, much more than that",Iruma sighed, grinning at the female. "The school I went to was Babyls, ironically my grandpa was the chairman, so there was alot of attention focused on me. Not good when you're a human in a school full of demons", he chuckled.

"Is was like I was a lamb walking through a pack of wolves, ready to devour me", Iruma taunted snapping his teeth mockingly. Kihona paled, recalling Iruma saying that demons would eat her if they found out she was human.

"Relax Sweetness, humans are like a myth here. Even if somebody found out you were human and told anyone, it would be like asking them to believe in unicorns", he jeered, smirking.

Kichona glared at the male, narrowing her eyes into slits. "Well, you could have told me that when I arrived! At least I wouldn't to worry so much!", she snarled.

Iruma's face contorted into something that suprised Kichona: guilt!

Iruma stood up and walked over to the sofa she was sitting on and sat next to her. He placed his hand on top of hers and breathed out through his nose.