♤Shadow's Play

This chapter is 4480 words.
First of all, I am extremely sorry for leaving you all like that and not upfating since last February! As I said before all those months ago, I started a new semester and moved up a form, which meant I couldn't update ss often. Now, I'm an average student, and with all the new subjects, I was and am quite overwhelmed and in a bad place. I meant to update last year in April but I was struggling to catch up with my subjects and had a few meltdowns in the begining. I mean, I literally started crying when I could'nt understand a maths equation.

Again, I am extremely sorry and I wish to try to update like I usually do, but I'll be facing one of the biggest exams of my life next year in January.

This is so not fun!

Kichona had been stirring sugar into her teacup for the past ten minutes; her tea was now cold. The shadows had cleaned up the broken plates and served a fresh pot of tea along with another platter of cheesecake, which roused a few questions on her part. Where did they even get more tea and cake?

After Iruma had disappeared into black mist those shadows from before danced and sang around the parlour in mad sync! They spun and kicked their legs, their arms up to the sky, it was both surreal and freaky. The silver and orange eyes didn't help either.

Now they sorrounded the parlour, guarding her like wispy bodyguards. In all honesty, the attention wasn't bad but it felt a little unnerving to be in the center of it. Besides the excessive bit of cold in the air it was relatively alright.

Other than the fact that stirring tea would get boring after an hour. Yes...an hour.

Where was he?

It had been an hour more or less after he had gone. Which left her to her lonesome. It wasn't the worst scenario in her case. The atmosphere itself was rather laidback compared the hectic day prior.

All Kichona had to do now was to wait for Iruma. Yeah....wait for the Demon King it seems. This was beyond boring.

Kichona always had something to keep her occupied, be it Opera's training or Iruma's magic lessons (which still hasn't produced much fruit, in her case) and her constant attempts at meditating. In short, she always had something to do, so sitting idly was not something fammiliar to her. And the situation wasn't all relaxing either!

Iruma had left after yet another array of screaming! With no context and had left her in a cold forest in which the air grew sharper with time. Kichona wasn't sure if it was noon or night, since the sky was a canvas of  cobalt blue and iridescent lilac.

Now, she sat shivering in her seat, holding the glass teapot for the little warmth it had left.

"If the guy has left me here to annoy me, he's doing a fantastic job", she muttered, drinking the last bit if tea. Her fingers soon felt the chill and mist vapourised in her breath. Kichona unravelled her hair to drape it over her shoulders as to warm her neck.

"Iruma if you can hear me, send a jacket! Or maybe fur-lined boots! These slippers ain't gonna cut it", Kichona yelled at her ring. She figured the ring was a tracking device, so maybe Iruma could hear her? She then felt stupid for thinking such things. Dumb luck, really.

"God, I just wanna take a damn nap! I'm exhausted", she groaned. Truth be told, she would have taken a nap right then and there, but the table and chair were cold too, making it impossible and far too uncomfortable for her to sleep.

"Could any of you get a jacket then?", Kichona asked dumbly, turning her attention to the shadows. She was kinda desperate at this point. She was cold, tired, annoyed and damn near the brink of ramming her forehead onto the table to knock herself out.