♤Magic Lessons and New Teachers

PICTURE ABOVE ISN'T MINE

"Again", Iruma said.

Kichona grumbled. "Can't we take a break?!", the girl mustered. Iruma gave her a look halfway between annoyance and sympathy. She wiped the sweat from her brow.

"Very well then", Iruma preened, plopping himsrlf down on the sofa. Kichona let out a silent breath of relief. For the past week Iruma had been trying to teach her magic. Keyword: tried.

But so far it has only ended in both of them frustrated. He had given her a ring saying that his magic was enfused with it. Since she was human she wouldn't be able to use magic naturally, so she had use a vessel as Iruma put it.

He had just been teaching her how to ignite fire from her hands, which resulted in her getting a flicker of a flame. A good start Iruma had said, but not enough.

Kichona had yet to leave the bedroom she was in. She wasn't sure if bedroom was the right word to describe it. It was like a mix of a bedroom and living room. Much more comfortable than her previous room, for sure. Kichona hasn't even asked Iruma whether she could leave the room yet, but she didn't bother much about it. What bothered her now was magic.

"Heads up", Iruma threw a bottle of water at her. Kichona had almost dropped it, before fumbling with it and finally having her fingers grasp around it. "Drink up, you still need to practice. A tiny flicker isn't enough to match up. Not to mention physical excersizes", Iruma rambled on, pinching his nose.

For the whole week, Iruma was so.....Kichona couldn't even place it. He had been a stern mentor, teaching her the basics of magic and talismans. To him, magic was something to not be taken lightly. He also used a spell to translate the demon language to japanese so she could read and write it. The spell made whatever she spoke come out as the demon language to others but japanese to her.

"Oh, come on drink it already instead of staring at me like I murdered someone", Iruma side-eyed Kichona as she took a seat on the sofa . Kichona sipped the water from the bottle, rolling her eyes.

"I'm starting to miss Flirty Iruma", she drawled. Iruma's face softened. "Don't worry, he's still in here", he teased, smirking. Kichona raised an eyebrow, slightly irritated at his change of demeanour.

"If that's not enough, I can always give you a kiss!", he challenged. Kichona's spine straightened and her eyes narrowed. "Dont you dare", she seethed.

"You might as well get one! You've been working hard so I should reward you, shouldn't I?", he needled. "No", Kichona firmly told him.

"Are you sure?", he whined.

"Positive", she said, folding her eyes across her chest.

"You dont need to be so bashful, my Sweet", he syruped.

"I-I'm not bashful!", the girl lashed.

"If you aren't then surely you wouldn't mind a small peck", he abashed.

"I-uh-what?", Kichona tangled herself in his web of words. She sucked in a breath through the cracks of her teeth. "Fine", she lulled, dragging her hand down her face.

"Luminous", Iruma beamed, smiling knowing he had won.

He stood up and walked over from the sofa, leaning down to her face with a smug look on his features.

"Only one and on the cheek", Kichona ordered.

"Okay then". Iruma placed his lips on her cheek in a yearning demeanour. Kichona could feel her face heat up. She should be used to this by now. When he looked at her he winked.