☁️🥀Kirishima x depressed!reader🥀☁️

TW: s€lf h@rm, mentions of su¡c¡de

Quirk: break

You can break anything you touch into a thousand pieces.

Setbacks: you can break people.

~~

It was an accident.

It was an accident... An accident...

You had broken your little sibling.

It happened years ago, but you thought about it every night. Their body shattered like glass, and their blood stained everything. You wondered.. why it wasn't you.

You went to UA high, since the incident was ruled an accident. And it was. It was an accident.

The bandages on your arms rubbed against you as you wrote for your classes, itching and hurting. The red head that sat beside you gazed on in worry.

"Y/n? You okay?" He asked after class. You two were the last in the room, and you stared at your paper.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" You suddenly jerked your head up with a bright smile. If only it had snapped your neck.

"Ah, well.. do you wanna have lunch together? I'm sure the others won't mind!" He offered a hand to you. You usually sat alone, out of your own guilt. But you had specially crafted gloves now, ones designed to withstand your quirk. You wore them at all times.

"..Sure, I guess." You said. You stood up and walked with Kirishima to lunch.

"Y/nnn! Hiiiii!!!" Mina exclaimed. Bakugou made no comment about your arrival, but the other three seemed happy.

"Yeah, I invited her to lunch today. Since she's always sitting alone and stuff." Kirishima rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. You sat between Mina and him. They were all talking about the upcoming sports festival.

"So, Y/n! I bet you'll do great in the Sports Festival! With all your quick thinking and stuff!" Mina beamed at you.

"Well, actually.. I was thinking of asking to not compete." You said in a soft voice. Everyone gasped.

"Woah, why not? You'd totally kill it!" Sero said.

"Yeah, Y/n, I don't think it's a good idea to not participate. You've got loads of potential, and you gotta show it!" Denki agreed. You shook your head.

"I couldn't even use my quirk for this. If I did, well... I would kill. it." You said, emphasizing the last words.

"So what? Just use it on the little things and your own guts for the rest. Problem solved." Bakugou said.

"We don't even know what will be on it. I can't risk someone's life for a petty competition." You shook your head. Plus, if you did compete, you'd have to wear your gym uniform...

"Well, I think you should! Even if you come in last place!" Kirishima said. At this point, memories of your sibling were occupying every sanction of your mind.

"No. I'm sorry, I can't. I just..." You looked down before shaking your head and walking away. You wouldn't have another accident.

~

"Hey, Y/n? You in there?" Kirishima knocked at the door to your dorm room. You were drawing butterflies on your arm as a way to keep yourself from cutting, but it was becoming harder and harder with each passing second.

"Y-yeah." You called. You threw the marker under your bed and looked around for a sweatshirt.

"Can I come in?"

"Just a sec..." You finally found one and threw it on.

"Hi.. Uh- Is your sweatshirt on backwards?" He asked, once you opened the door.

"Oh... yes, it appears so." You looked down. Of course it is. It's like the universe wants me to commit.

"Y/n, look, I've been worried about you. Can we talk?" You wished he had said that before you let him in.

"..I guess so. But there's nothing to talk about." You fondled with your sleeves.

"Tell me what’s been going on. What's the real reason you don't want to compete?" He asked. He sat on your bed, and you sat beside him.

"Just as I said, I don't want to put anyone's life in danger. Even if I didn't use my quirk, I wouldn't make it past the first round." The tears you were already holding back now threatened to slip.

"Why...Why are you so worried about killing someone... has this...?" You could tell what he was trying to say, and the tears started rolling.

"Yes.." You said. It was barely above a whisper. Kiri turned to you, shocked, but worried.

"Yes... I..." Your body was soon racked with sobs. Kirishima pulled you into him without a second thought, and you struggled a bit.

"I-it's okay..." he rubbed your head.

"K-iri.. I broke.. my own.. s-sibling.." You said between sobs. You were sitting in his lap, your head pressed against his chest.

"You didn't mean to, Y/n, you didn't mean to..." You continued to sob, the pent up emotions finally making their way to the light.

"I.. I can't... I'm useless..." You choked out. Kiri hugged you tightly, making you look at him.

"Hey, don't you dare say that! Do you know how much you've done for me? For everyone else? You're the most caring person here, Y/n!" He said, in a stern voice.

"I don't want to hear anything like that come out of your mouth again, okay?"

"K-kiri.." you stuttered. Your sleeves hiked up your wrists, and Kirishima noticed this. He gently picked it up.

"Y/n.. No..." He gazed at the butterflies and the marks, old and new. He looked in horror.

"I-I'm s-sorry..."

"Y/n.. Why.." he continued to stare, his eyes beginning to glisten. He knew why.

He brought your wrist to his lips and gently kissed it. It didn't hurt, but you were terribly surprised.

"Ki-kiri.. what are you..?"

"You don’t deserve such marks.." he kissed another one. "You don't deserve them..."