☁️Tamaki x Nonbinary!shy!reader☁️

/Shy Kids/

The sun was bright today. It made the fall leaves give off a shiny glow. Today was another day at UA, where you had been going for three years. You didn't mind the school, since you always dreamed of being a hero. The first nonbinary hero! You knew you had to study well, so you can become an inspiration to others like you.

As you were walking back home from class, you spotted Tamaki, a boy in your class. You hadn't talked to him that much, since you keep to yourself, but you knew all about him. He was in the Big Three, after all!

"Hi, Amajiki-"

"Gah-"

He turned towards you suddenly, not expecting your arrival. "Oh..
L/n..."

"Oops, did I scare you? I'm sorry."

"No, i-it's okay.." You could see his cheeks start to color themselves. "Did you need something?"

Did I need something? You thought.
"Yeah, I wanted to ask if you'd go somewhere with me!" Before you could really think, the words were already in the air.

"S-sure.." May have been the word to come out of his mouth, but you definitely weren't convinced. Still, you knew it wouldn't take all that long. You nodded and dragged him along.

"So, where are we going, L/n?" He asked.

"It's a surprise!" You giggled. The two of you were walking down the sidewalk. A wooden bridge, busy with cars, was just up ahead. Once you crossed, you abruptly turned right at the grassy path. Frayed pieces of scattered wood lay over it.

"Now we go this way!" The forest was lush and green, only ruined by the loudness of the traffic and a few stray pieces of litter. You noticed Tamaki looking around. He was probably rather confused as to what was happening.

"Just a little bit further! I promise I'm not kidnapping you or anything!" You giggled again. Tamaki seemed even more anxious now- maybe you shouldn't have said that.

Finally, you arrived at a pond, surrounded by a circle of stones. Pink flowers hung over it. Three benches and a pavilion adorned the outskirts.

"Here we are!" You cheered. Tamaki stared at the glossy pond.

"This is where you wanted to take me...?"

"Yep! It's where I come to do homework and train and.. just, escape.." Tamaki nodded along to every word you said.

"But if it's your special place.. why invite me..?"

"Because, silly!" You hit him lightly, and he acted offended, "Because I just wanted to."

"That's not a good reason."

"Hey, of course it is! Plus, it's not just mine. I don't own it. Now that you know about it, you can come here when you want!"

"But I wouldn't want to-"

"You won't be intruding on anything! Shy kids have to stick together!"

"You don't seem very shy.." His comment caught you off guard. Well, it probably wouldn't seem that way to him- he's the shy master.

"Well.. I am. I don't like talking to new people, or even people I know, because I'm different."

"You mean your pronouns?" You gasped a bit. Hardly anyone actually honors them...

"Y-Yeah! So.. I try to make conversation, but I also try to keep em' short, you know?" He, once again, nodded along.

"Yeah.. people can be really hard to talk to. I just didn't think you'd be like me- you always seem so outgoing. I guess now I know why it seems that way."

A faint smile crept up on your face. "So.. you can come here whenever you want, okay? Because we're shy kids!"

"Are we starting a cult?"

"Yes. The shy kids cult."

"Okay then.. shy kids cult, founded by Y/n L/n in {year}. Forever a safehaven for shy kids."

"Don't forget co-founder!"