𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐬

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

We walked to the river to see a lot of the ice had already drifted away.
"We need to cross, now!"
I said and grabbed Peter and Lucy's hands.
"Don't Beavers make dams?"
Lucy asked.
"I'm not that fast, dear."
Mr Beaver told her.
"Come on!"
I raised my voice and dragged the others behind me.

"Wait Y/n! Will you just think about this for a minute?"
Susan asked.
"Susan, we don't have a minute!"
I said exasperatedly.
"I'm just trying to be realistic."
"Susan, I trust you and you are extremely smart but let me do this please.''
And we climbed down to the ice. We then heard faint howling of wolves which made us go faster.

We got down to the ice which was already mostly gone. I stepped on a bit but it moved so I quickly stepped back.
"Wait, maybe I should go first."
Mr Beaver said and he started to test the ice. It cracked a bit.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?"
Mrs Beaver asked him.
"Well you never know which meals gonna be your last! Especially with your cooking."
And we began to walk across the ice behind Mr Beaver.

"If Mum knew what we were doing..."
Susan began.
"Mum's not here!"
Peter said turning around to face her. I heard some icicles shattering from the thing which was supposed to be a waterfall. And looked up to see wolves. "Oh no!"
Lucy exclaimed.
"Run!"
Peter shouted and we ran across faster.

The ice kept cracking beneath us, then a wolf jumped infront of us, we were surrounded. Mr Beaver tried to get the wolf to leave but it trapped him between his teeth.
"No!"
I shouted. And Peter unsheathed his sword.
"Put that down, boy,"
Maugrim said.
"Someone could get hurt."
"Don't worry about me! Run him through!"
Mr Beaver said thrashing about.
"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you."

"Stop, Peter!"
''Maybe we should listen to him!"
Susan shouted.
"Susan, are you out of your mind?!"
I shouted at her.
"Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!"
Mr Beaver shouted to Peter. And Peter held his sword at Maugrim.

"Oh, come on. This isn't your war. All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go."
Maugrim taunted Peter.
"Look, just because some man in a red coat hands your sword, it doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it it!"
Susan said yet again.
"No, Peter! Narnia needs you!"
I told him and he looked at me.
"Get him while you have the chance!"
Mr Beaver shouted.

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river."
Lucy turned to look at the waterfall which was cracking and already had spouts coming out from it. Suddenly Peter got an idea.

"Hold on to me!"
He told us as he stabbed his sword into the block of ice we were on and looked in fear at the waterfall as it broke down creating a massive wave breaking the remainder of it and drenching us in water.