||Chapter 2: mommy's sick||

"So what's on your mind?" Iwaizumi asks, taking a seat next to Oikawa in the dinner table who's helping tobio with his homework.

"Hm?"

"You didn't eat anything this morning"

"I just wasn't hungry, is that a crime in this house" iwaizumi sighed and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"It is when you skip the most important meal of the day"

"I just don't really-" Oikawa felt a wave of nausea wash over him and pushed iwaizumi out of the way, going to the hallway bathroom and throwing up his nonexistent breakfast and last night's dinner.

"Mama?" Tobio stared at him from the ground of his dark blue eyes wide as his tiny hands clenched in fear.

"Mama's fine, go to daddy real quick and tell him to come here"

"Daddy's already one step ahead of you, go back to you work, mommy's gonna be fine"
Iwaizumi smiled warmly and ruffled the boy's hair.
Tobio nodded and ran back to the table to quickly finish what he was assigned.

"Are you okay?" He sighed, rubbing oikawa's back soothingly.
"Yeah I'm j-" he gagged and went straight back to the toilet, heaving up whatever small amount was in his stomach before flushing the toilet, wiping his mouth with a wash cloth before he felt himself being lifted up and carried back to their bedroom.
Iwaizumi put him down and sat next to him in bed.

"Toruu...do you think you might be, uh, pregna-"
Oikawa shivered at the thought and shook his head,
"No way, we used protection the last time"
Iwaizumi nodded in agreement, "we need to get you checked at the hospital first, just in case..."
Oikawa nodded hesitantly, "yeah..."

"Is there something wrong?" Iwaizumi asked, nuzzling closer to his omega.
Oikawa stared at the ground,
"I just..." he sighed, "what if I'm really pregnant?"
"Do you not want to?"
"N-no! its...I don't know how tobio will feel about having someone else in the family...he's used to only being the three of us and gets jealous easily, you know...what if he just wouldn't like the divided attention we give him? He'll think the baby's taking his place or something"
"Yeah, I get that" he kisses oikawa's forehead and pushes him on the bed gently to lay down, "we'll worry about that later, okay? We'll ask him some other time how he feels about having a sibling, hopefully he'll take it well. And if he doesn't, let's hope you're not pregnant until we're both ready and somehow convince tobio about it."

Oikawa nodded and cuddled up to iwaizumi's arm, "yeah...okay"
Iwaizumi ran his fingers around oikawa's jaw softly, tracing around his cheeks and down to his chin as it calmed Oikawa down and he soon fell asleep at the gentle touch.
Iwaizumi sighed and got up, deciding to check up on tobio.

"Are you done yet?" He asked, walking over to the dining table.
Tobio nodded and hopped off his chair, already having his books in his backpack.
"Is mommy okay?"
"Yeah, he's alright"
"What happened to him?"
"He was just a little sick"
Tobio frowned, "can I sleep with him today? Mommy always sleeps in my bed when I'm sick!"
Iwaizumi sighs and picks him up, "alright, but if you kick me in your sleep I'm carrying you back to your bed"
Tobio nodded, grinning happily in his dad's arms.
Iwaizumi rolled his eyes before smiling and walking up to his room, he knows Tobio didn't care about the last part of the sentence, he just wanted to sleep with Oikawa.

He placed him down next to a sleeping oikawa and tobio quickly scooted closer to his mother's side, wrapping his arms around him.

Iwaizumi let them nap as he went downstairs to cook lunch, making something that would calm oikawa's stomach ache down.
After he was done, he covered up their meals to keep it warm and went upstairs to their bedroom, sitting over on his side of the bed before laying down.

He wanted so bad to cuddle the both of them and hold them in his arms but if he does he knows damn well tobio's omega instincts is gonna kick him right where it hurts.
He doesn't like sleeping when tobio's in the middle. He'd rather spoon oikawa and have tobio cuddle him from the other side, making Oikawa in the middle. But tobio felt safer in between his parents and that's what mostly matters to him.

Iwaizumi got closer to them, placing his thighs over tobio's leg to keep him from moving in his sleep - not putting enough pressure to crush him obviously - but enough to keep him from kicking unconsciously, and wrapped an arm around the both of them.
He heard tobio's faint snores and chuckles at how almost quiet and funny they sound. kissing his cheeks, he started running his fingers through oikawa's soft hair while nuzzling tobio's head, until eventually he fell asleep too.

———————

"Toruu...wake up" iwaizumi shook him gently, "you need to eat, you haven't eaten anything since the morning"
Oikawa whined and shook his head, "'m not hungry"
"Baby, you have to eat. Tobio won't eat without you and we need to make sure you ate before going to the hospital."
Oikawa groans and sits up, rubbing his eyes and stretching slightly.
"Okay..." he mumbled, getting out the bed and walked downstairs with iwaizumi's help in case he accidentally slips.

"Are you feeling okay?"
Oikawa nods, "it was probably some morning sickness, don't worry about it"
"I hope so" he says, getting the warm bowls of shoyu soup and placing them on the table.
"Don't eat all of it if you don't want to, okay? No pressure" he kisses his cheek and oikawa nods.

"Can I also eat what I want?" Tobio asks with pleading eyes.
"No. It's because your mom's sick. You're gonna finish your food"
Tobio pouts and crosses his arms, huffing loudly in hopes to change his dad's mind. But that didn't work.
"It's healthy. I won't force you to eat something bad Tobio"
"But I don't like soup" Tobio fake gags
"Too bad"
Tobio frowns and starts eating his bowl, the noodles only, avoiding the liquid as much as possible. He glared at his dad to make him feel guilty. But iwaizumi knows not to feel bad because he was just being a brat.

Oikawa giggles at the looks they're both giving each other and rubs his husband's back, "calm down, he's just a kid"
"He started it" iwaizumi rolled his eyes and Tobio frowns.
"No I didn't!!"
"Yes, you did"
Tobio gulps down the soup quickly and slams the bowl on the table.
Iwaizumi'a eyes widened before he picked him up and throws him on the couch, making sure he threw him on the soft part.
"Do not slam things at the table." He warns, flipping the kid on his back and started tickling his sides.

Tobio tried to glare at him, squirming in his place as he held his laughter.
"Let go!"
"No. Not until you apologize."
Tobio gripped his wrist, trying to push him away but it was no use. He started squirming until he couldn't hold it and started giggling, slowly becoming louder as he kicked his legs to push iwaizumi away, but iwaizumi's grip was stronger he definitely wouldn't have a chance.
"I-I'm sorry!" He forced out, hitting iwaizumi's arms.
"For what?"
"F-for.." tears started to prick at the corner of his eyes at how much he was laughing he could barely process what he wanted to say.
"For what, Tobio"
"F-for slamming t-the bowl on the t-table!!" He gasped out, finally feeling the alpha's hands away from him.

"Stop being a brat. Your mother's sick, you should be taking care of him instead of giving off your shitty-your bad attitude."
Tobio gasped, "daddy cursed!!" He looked at Oikawa, who tried to stifle his laugh.
"Right. My bad." Iwaizumi bit his lip, "behave."
Tobio slowly nodded, almost scared to disobey the alpha and quickly got up to run to Oikawa.

"Do you need anything?" He asked almost innocently and iwaizumi groaned at how fake that sounded.
Oikawa chuckled and shook his head, "I'm okay for now" he pet the boy's head, "you can go back to your room to play"
Tobio nodded excitedly and started running up the stairs.