||Chapter 5: Shoyo's house||

bokuto has left for his volleyball practice right after iwaizumi had dropped tobio off. they exchanged hello's and a smile then continued their own ways. iwaizumi went back to his house and took care of oikawa, who was feeling slightly better after his nap and got him his pills.

shoyo and tobio were playing volleyball in his backyard while akaashi made them lunch. he finished earlier and went out to check on the kids, who were bickering for a couple of minutes then went back to playing.

akaashi had watched some of oikawa's volleyball matches. one where it was him against MSBY black jackals- bokuto's team, which shoyo had insisted in watching with him to see his father's performance. he knew oikawa since high school, they've played multiple practice matches against each other in their training camp, and he sure as hell knew how great of a setter he is. seeing tobio play reminded him of oikawa in high school. he's stubborn. whenever he didn't set right he'd frown and slack - and sometimes blame shoyo for it - but at the same time would aim for the better the next set. he was also very persistent. he liked his sets to be perfect, though he's still 5, its hard to believe a 5 year old has a lot of knowledge just from watching his mom's matches.

he figured tobio was smarter than how he looks, a genius in a way, but then again, him and shoyo are basically below average at school. akaashi chuckled quietly when shoyo accidently hit tobio with the ball and got up to help him.

"did you get hurt?" akaashi asked as he helped him up and wiped the dirt off his shorts. tobio nodded and thanked him, getting a smile in return.

"oh!! mommy can help you set!!" shoyo jumped excitedly and akaashi sighed at the younger's enthusiasm. tobio's eyes lit up as he turned to face akaashi again,

"can you teach me?" tobio asked hesitantly and got a pat on the head from akaashi,

"sure"

akaashi was impressed on how fast the little boy learned. he first taught him serves, leading him to the back line and showed him where his hands are supposed to be and how far apart his legs should be before hitting the ball.

"like mommy does!! he always has a serious face when he serves the ball!"

"yes, exactly like oikawa-san does" he chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair. he saw from the corner of his eyes shoyo getting impatient and his lips slowly curled into a smile.

"do you know what the most important role of a setter is, tobio?" akaashi asked and tobio tilted his head,

"getting the ball to the spiker?"

"well, partially right," he shrugged, "but also knowing the type of sets your partner likes"

"partner...like spikers?"

"yes,"

"like me!!" shoyo jumped up excitedly. akaashi nodded, laughing,

"like shoyo, but also middle blockers. spikers aren't necessarily the only people who can hit the balls for a win. middle blockers can too, and setters."

"setters can score the ball too??"

"have you watched one of the miya twins' games in high school?"

tobio shook his head and akaashi shrugged, "i figured."

"can i watch it, please?"

"it's pretty old, but i'm sure i'll be able to find it somewhere," he stood up, "shoyo, do you want to watch a really cool volleyball match of atsumu?"

shoyo nodded eagerly, and tobio smiled happily.

tobio knew atsumu from oikawa. they've been friends since college after they met at a senior's party. so of course he knew osamu too.