||Chapter 4: fluff||

iwaizumi knocked on his bedroom door and opened it, seeing oikawa laying on his side with his arms clutched tightly against his stomach as he whined in pain. he walked in with a bowl of soup and pain relievers, placing them on the nightstand and sitting next to him on the bed,

"how are you feeling?"

"like shit" he forced out at the pain. iwaizumi sighed and fed him the soup carefully.

"how was practice? did it go smoothly?" iwaizumi asked as he ran his fingers through the brunette's hair.

"coach benched me," he rolled his eyes, "said im not in a 'good shape' to play right now." he quoted as he crossed his arms.

"well you aren't. you can barely stand straight" iwaizumi scolded, feeding him another spoon of the warm soup.

after oikawa finished eating, he laid back down on his back before taking the painkillers. iwaizumi lifted oikawa's shirt to see his slighly bloated stomach and winced as he could practically feel the pain. he placed his hands on oikawa's stomach and rubbed it gently, oikawa instantly calming down at the large, warm hand pressed against his stomach. iwaizumi rubbed circles around his sides and abandomen tenderly, and oikawa relaxed to his touch before iwaizumi kissed his forehead softly.

"ill get you a heating pad," he whispered and oikawa nodded, already missing the warmth of his husband.

———————-

"Tobio, lets go," iwaizumi called as he filled the heating pad with hot water,
"take your clothes off and turn the shower on the warm side while I help your mom"
"Right now?" He pouted and iwaizumi sighed, "don't you want to go to shoyo's for a while?"
Tobio's eyes lit up and immediately jumped off his seat, "okay!!"
He ran to the bathroom excitedly as iwaizumi walked to his bedroom.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked softly, placing the heating pad on his stomach to relief some of the pain.
Oikawa nodded sleepily, "yeah"
"I'll take Tobio to the bokuto's to spend the day, can you take care of yourself while I get back?"
Oikawa scoffed weakly, "I can take care of myself!"
Iwaizumi hummed and kissed his cheek, "I know"

He got up and went to the bathroom to see Tobio already sitting in the bath with his hair wet, playing with the rubber volleyball toy.
"Isn't mommy gonna help me bath?"
"No, Tobio, he's sick and we don't want you getting sick too"
Tobio whined and iwaizumi shook his head, smiling.
He grabbed the shampoo and slowly scrubbed it at his scalp then washed it off with the shower's head.
"Can I sleep over at shoyo's?"
Iwaizumi shook his head, "we don't know if his parents would like that, Tobio. They have work and won't be able to take care of you two"
"But it's Friday!" He looked at him with puppy eyes, "please? Can you ask them?"
Iwaizumi sighed, "if they ask me if you could stay then sure, but I won't directly ask them Tobio, that's rude"
"Okay!"
"Good"

iwaizumi grabbed the loofah and the body wash, scrubbing it gently against his skin then turned him around to rub his back.
As he did so, he stopped for a moment when he saw a small but visible bruise,
"Tobio."
Tobio shivered at his father's change of tone, turning around in confusion,
"Yes?"
"What's that" he said, pointing at the bruise on his back. Tobio's eyes widened in realization and shook his head frantically as to not worry his dad.
"It's nothing!! sh-shoyo and I were playing with the volleyball and he served the wrong way a-and it hit me by accident!"
"Tobio. Don't lie to me." He raised his voice on impulse, making Tobio let out a little squeak in slight fear.
"Shoyo won't be able to hit a ball that hard, he's still five. Tell me what happened"

He saw a few water drops rolling down his cheeks but couldn't tell if they were the boy's tears or the water from his hair going down his face.
He quickly noticed what he was doing and sucked in a breath to calm himself down, a look of worry washed over him.
"I'm sorry baby boy, I didn't mean to raise my voice at you"
He nuzzled his face to Tobio's neck, scenting him with calm pheromones as he apologized then pulled away once he felt the young omega relax.

"I'm sorry, I was just mad that you hid something like that from me"
"'m sorry for not telling you..." he mumbled softly, lowering his gaze and iwaizumi shook his head,
"it's okay, but do you mind telling me about it?"
Tobio sat silent.
"Was it someone from school?"
Tobio nodded.
"One of your friends?"
Tobio shook his head furiously, "my friends wouldn't do that!"
Iwaizumi bit his lip— in all honesty, he had hoped kei messed up in some kind of way that it made Tobio stop following him around— it's not like he hated kei, he just didn't like alphas around his son, it made him feel uneasy.
"Then who was it?"
Tobio somewhat hesitated before speaking up, "akira and yuutaro..."
"How long have they been doing that to you?"
Tobio shrugged, not entirely sure how it even started.

"Look, Tobs, if you don't talk to me or mommy about these kinds of stuff, it'll get worse, okay? If they do it again, you tell me."
"B-but then-"
"Tobio, just trust me"
He nodded defeatedly as iwaizumi brought out a towel to wrap the younger's body with,
"Who stopped them then? Didn't your teacher see them or something?"
He shook his head, "shoyo did! Then he got me milk!"
Iwaizumi hummed as he dried him up.
"Shoyo stopped them?"
"Mhm!! He yelled at them and they got so scared that they ran away!!" He explained eagerly, making iwaizumi smile softly.

After Tobio had packed everything he needed to go to shoyo's, he went to his parents' bedroom to kiss Oikawa goodbye then made his way to the car.