CHAPTER 7

-MALL CRANKS-

I awoke with a start i sat up gasping for air, there was cold sweat on my forehead for a second i had forgot all past events and though i was still in my room at WICKED. "Violet, you up thank god we were all worried" Aris said as he kneeled in front of me, "how long was i out" i asked rubbing my eyes we were somewhere kind of darkish. "Only thirty minutes, everyones looking around" he spoke "Theresa is out getting clothes you should go too" he said helping me up "thanks will do" i said before heading to find the only other girl here.

I looked around keeping my eyes open for anything essential, i walked into a large room where most of the people were, i looked around spotting a room with a half glass wall and a door next to it. I walked towards it and was met with a girl kneeling in front of a large pile of clothes. "You must be Theresa" i said kneeling in front of her and the clothes. "And you Violet" i smiled turning back to the clothes, "it's nice having another girl here the guys can get annoying" she said picking out clothes. "Where you in there maze?" i asked as i picked out a red flannel jacket with a grey sweater. "Yeah i was the last one before we escaped" she said gathering clothes, i found a red bandana and a pair of black cargo pants that were just the right size. I got up facing away from the window where i knew boys would be watching and slipped off my long sleeve revealing my under shirt. Theresa did the same beginning to change as i slipped my boots and pants off before slipping on my pants and then throwing on the sweater then the flannel. After putting on my clothes i slipped on my black combat boots.

I decided to pick out some clothes for Aris so he could have some spare, looking around there wasn't much. i grabbed a dark blue long sleeve shirt a scarf and a grey hoodie, i picked it up "i'll go give these to Aris, see you" i called walking out. I walked the path back where i found Aris talking to Thomas. "Here figured you might need some clothes" i handed him his clothes keeping my bandana and tying it around my neck for when i need it. "We should go explore this place maybe find more resources" i said looking around. "Yeah okay" Thomas said getting up and helping Aris. We walked back to where all the group was "let's go look around find useful things" Thomas called as all the boys got up. We walked deeper into the building looking around i spotted something silver glistening in the small light. I walked closer to check it out, they were silver bullets and next to it was a gun and a magazine. "Check this out" i called to no one in particular, there were knives as well scattered around.

Thomas and Minho came over both looking around, i didnt need anything because i was perfectly fine with my powers but i still took a gun with its handle to give out. I picked a dagger for Aris before searching around. The first person i found was Newt "here you might want this" i said handing him the gun "do you know how to use it?" i asked when he took it.  "Yeah i think" i smiled before heading off to find Aris, i found him looking around "here take this" i said handing him the dagger he took it smiling.

Suddenly there was a loud screech by this point Thomas had joined us, i heard heavy footsteps approaching very quickly, too quickly. "We gotta go" i said lowly it wasn't till Cranks came into view when i  yelled "now!" we bolted back to where the group was which were looking around near large escalators. "RUN!" me and Thomas called they all turned to look at us "RUN!" i repeated. They all looked paralyzed by fear, it wasn't till i got close grabbing the first person in front of me which was Newt causing him to spin around and run. That's when everyone else caught on and ran, by this time i was energized and felt fine though i was breathing heavily. The cranks were getting closer you could hear there screeches, i heard someone scream and topple over. I stopped turning around Winston was on the floor with a crank on top of him, i lifted my hand bringing the closest thing next to me which was a pipe and throwing it to the crank who was hit in the head. I helped Winston up before bolting to catch up with the group, we were running up the escalator with Cranks right on our tail. There were more upstairs, one jumped on top of Newt making him fall with a thud, i grunted before throwing myself on top of it and pinning it to the floor. It screamed and screeched and eventually bit me on my lower arm, i yelled bashing its head before getting up and running.

We were approaching some stairs down after running in a circle, we all climbed down running hoping not to trip. One wrong move and you were crank food, when we made it down i was now leading as i ran past tables and chairs flipped over. When i approached two large metal double doors i ran pushing them forward. I turned waiting for everyone to come out, gradually they all came running out. Once everyone was out i shut the doors with a chain that was broken in half seeming to be used to keep the doors closed. Not even a couple minutes later the cranks began to bang on the door, i hadn't realized the storm had cleared up as i jumped back falling on my butt. It was bright out now, and now that there was no sand storm i could see around clearly.

"Well that went well" i said looking down at my arm, it was bloodied but something was off, "holy shit" i said as i watched it slowly close. "What?" Aris called, i showed him my arm as he got closer. "That- that's impossible" he watched as it finally sealed, i wiped the remaining blood "weird" i muttered.