CHAPTER 15

I was now sitting around a bonfire with some other gladers who where all talking, Aris was with some of the girls in his maze. I was happy he finally gets to live with his family again or at least the closest thing he's had to a family. "Hey are you okay?" Newt asked taking a seat next to me, "i'll be okay" i said turning and giving him a sad smile. "What'd she tell you?" he asked cautiously, "i did have a mother, and a family. I had a father a brother, i had it all Newt and WICKED took that away" i finally let out a strangled sob as Newt wrapped him arm around me bringing me closer to him. "I'm sorry" i whispered my voice breaking, "no no don't apologize it's okay" he whispered trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry i've never cried in front of anyone i feel stupid" i said wiping the tears away from my cheeks. "It's okay, we all go through hard moments" he said rubbing my arm his his thumb. "You don't, your the most composed person i've met" i said with a small chuckle.

"There was a time where i wasn't like this, when i first arrived in the glade i always felt like something was missing" he paused looking down at me. "I fell into this depression, so one day i woke up early and snuck into the maze. I found the tallest wall and climbed it, then i jumped though with my luck i got my foot tangled in the vine and snapped it in three places. Now i'm stuck with a permanent limp" he finished looking down at me. "I'm sorry" i whispered looking up at him, i hadn't realized we were so closed our noses were almost touching. "Newt" i whispered, he leaned in closer...and closer...until our lips were touching. It was a soft slow kiss not like the last one we had, we slowly pulled away.

"Newt, look i- god i can't even say it. Newt i've had feelings for you since forever and i didn't know what they were i though i was sick or something" i paused with a small laugh. "You made me feel something i've never felt for anyone" i finished looking up at him. He was shocked "Violet.." he was cut off by the booming sound of a helicopter. We both turned around seeing a large berg heading our way "shit" i breathed turning back to Newt. "We have to go" i said getting up and running towards the tent with my mom in it. "Mom!" i called she wasn't in there, i turned running out. There were a group of boys standing by a large table of weapons, they were all loading up. I walked over to them "what the hell is happening?" i asked as all the boys began to get guns and magazines. "Theresa, it's Theresa she called them" Thomas said as he came running standing next to me. "What the hell" i muttered, "do you need a gun?" Vince asked from in front of me. I looked up at him bringing my hand up as it glowed red with a sparkle. "Right" he said nodding before going back to loading guns and handing them out.

Just then a loud booming sound was heard, there were helicopters dropping bombs on the camp. A loud boom came as the ground shook, a bomb had landed right in front of us as the beeping count down started. I quickly turned to the group "go! now!" i yelled before casting a shield around the bomb. It went off with a boom making me fly backwards and on my back. I started coughing, i wiped the ash off my face as i tried to get gulps of air. I quickly got up running back trying to find the group, more helicopters sounded in the distance. Aris. I need to find Aris, i ran trying to look for anyone familiar. Just then i saw Jorge and Thomas running, i ran to them as quickly as possible.

"Where the hell is our group?" i yelled over the loud noises. More people emerged from the camp shooting at the helicopters. Just when things couldn't get worse WICKED soldiers jumped down and started shooting people. I blocked as much shots as possible but i was getting tired. I hid behind a big boulder as the screams began to ring through the the camp. I spotted Newt, Minho, and Frypan helping out Vince and Harriet, i looked around before bolting towards them quickly hiding behind Minho. "Hey guys missed me" i called as i deflected bullets heading our way. They were shooting guys left and right but there were to much soldiers, i heard a beeping sound as a grenade was thrown into the back of the truck. I felt fire course through my body as i fell on my back spasing out. All i could feel where my muscles burning, i was to tired to try and do anything or even protect myself.