CHAPTER 22

Brenda had parked the bus waiting for any sign of the hostages running out of the building, it was also disturbingly quiet

Violet sat reloading her gun when they heard doors burst open, and out came the running kids Violet quickly got up running out of the bus. Brenda did the same as they quickly got the kids on the bus. The kids where scared at first but Brenda assured them they were safe. They all got into the bus relieved, that's when Violet noticed no sign of Minho, then there was the sound of tires screeching. Violet turned to see two trucks speeding over to them, Violet cursed under her breathe. She quickly turned to Brenda "go" Brenda quickly turned over to her "what? what are you doing" but Violet was already getting off "just go, loose them then pull around" she said before she bolted towards the side of the building.

Brenda didn't have a choice as she quickly closed the doors and sped off, Violet didn't turn around she kept running to the side of the building. She heard the vans approaching so she quickly turned running down a line of buildings. When she finally stopped she was still far away from the compound but she stopped leaning on a building to get a breather.

When she finally realized she had places to be she bolted towards the large building with the letters WCKED on the side. When she got closer she saw guards who were shooting at something, she quickly took out her gun shooting all three of them in the head as they fell to the floor. She took a deep breath as she felt her chest began to heave. She steadied herself on the brick wall she was next to trying not to puke. When she finally composed herself she bolted, she looked up to see the building getting closer, just a little more she kept thinking as she pushed herself harder.

She finally ran out onto a dead main road she could see two guys up front, one was on the group one was kneeling next to him, as she got closer she noticed they had WCKED suites on. She got a sick feeling in her stomach when she noticed who was kneeling "Minho" she said though it came out like a whisper. Then as if the whole world went on mute, Violet couldn't hear anything as she watched Newt dead on the ground his mouth slightly ajar.

She didn't realize what she was doing all she knew was she felt pain as she let out a loud cry that sounded like a scream, as she fell on her knees. Violet didn't even know what was happening as she fell on her knees crying a large sonic wave came out from her lighting up red as it grew bigger spreading around. The windows shattered as Violet sat on her knees crying, when she finally let her hands fall she opened her eyes as she slowly crawled over to Newts dead body.

She bent down to try and hear his heart beat but she didn't feel anything "no, no, no" she kept repeating as she brought her hands down to pump air into his chest "you can't die on me" she whispered. When Newt didn't respond she felt worse as she forcefully hit him on the chest yelling "you can't die on me" before letting out a chocked sob. "You promise, you promised me" she whispered as she silently wept. At the moment Violet couldn't feel anything but pain everything she'd been pushing further and further away, the pain of her mother, the pain of her brother. It wall came up as she physically felt her heart ache like someone had it in there hands and was crushing it.