24

3rd person

Before reading this chapter, and if you're rereading now that I'm updating again, please read and consider this note I should've put a while ago. I'm not saying drugs will heal you, they can be very damaging if not used safely. I am an advocate for harm reduction. This is my own experience with acid, it was very eye-opening to me in some of my darkest times. However, it can be different for everyone and I'm not saying go drop some acid and you'll be fine.

     He laid down in the grass, somehow having arrived at a park. Not being able to remember a simgle second of the trip from the lonely bench to where he was at now. The small park however, looked slightly familiar. Zak closed his eyes and let his body naturally do the breathing for him, diaphragm moving up down as his lungs filled with air. The freshest air he had ever breathed. Maybe it was the crisp morning air, maybe it was just in his head. But it felt fucking amazing. He let his head drop and his cheek was caressed by the grass and a few dandelions. A goofy smile slipped onto his face.

     Suddenly he opened his eyes, and they widened. Holy shit. The grass. The green blades were suddenly swallowing him whole as they grew feet over his head. They kept growing, reaching for the sky. For a second he felt insane anxiety, but the next he completely forgot why he was worried at all. A giggle fell out of his lips. He surprised himself, like a puppy hearing itself bark for the first time. Had he made that noise, he didn't know anymore, nor did he care. The dew-kissed grass soaked itself into his hoodie, making his cold body even colder in the night breeze.

     A deep laugh bubbled up from his stomach as he cracked up. Why was he even so worked up. A few hours ago, he could barely remember what happened, but whatever it was mustve not really even mattered that much, he felt so deeply delighted right now. Zak pluked the prettiest flower in his reach. A soft white daisy. The petals felt like smooth velvet in his fingers. He brought it closer to his face and further away over and over, being incredibly amused as it got smaller and larger. Suddenly the long oval petals stretched out, reaching towards him. He tossed the flower away with a laugh.

     "Skeppy? That you," a voice called to him, slightly distorted, maybe by the distance or the wind.

     "The one and only," Zak looked around his surroundings, puzzled at not finding anyone, "Who's asking?"

     "Its me, Dream, mind if I sit next to you for a sec?" Dream said in calm voice, hesitantly.

     "Go for it man," the other responded with a grin towards the sky.

     Had it been minutes? Hours? Days? Seconds? He had'nt a clue. Time was no longer relevant to him.

     The grass next to him shifted as he felt a body drop next to where he was laying. Dream leaned forward looking into his almost black eyes, as his pupils had dilated significantly. Zak stared into Dream's green eyes in return. They were diffrent from Darryl's eyes. Where Darryl's eyes had a hint of blue and looked like an eye of ender, Dream's green was warmer. How green could be warm at all, he had no idea, but it was. Suddenly he missed Darryl. He was brought from his thoughts as Dream's face began to shift, the outline of every hair on his head tracing in movement. And his eyes, oh god. They were huge. He could almost swim in the whites of his eyes, he looked like he was in an anime.

     "Weeb," Zaks mouth said before his mind even cought up. He slapped a hand over his mouth in realazation that he actually said that out loud.

     Dream just let out a hearty laugh, raising his brows at his friend on the lawn. "What?"

     "Fuck," Zak joined in the laughter, "Its just your eyes, your face but mainly your eyes, theyre ginormous, you look like you came straight out of an anime or manga or whatever the fuck Sapnap's always talking about."