6

3rd person
Darryl opened his eyes to the soft sunlight glowing through the curtains. He felt rat waddle up to him and plop herself next to him. He smiled and looked over and saw a bundle of black hair peeking out of the covers. It was almost half to ten so he gently shook Zak, who just groaned back.

"Come on." He dragged out. But still heard nothing from his friend. After like a minute of pestering him he gave in and got up, throwing his extra blanket over Zak and walking out of the room.

He felt his stomach growl but he didn't want Zak's food to get cold if he made something for both of them. He settled on making some muffins to pass the time at least. Those still tasted fine cold. He got out the gluten free muffin mix he had bought and whisked it all together in a bowl and poured them out in the colorful baking cups. He threw those into the oven and passed the time scrolling through twitter until finally, the muffins we ready.

He pulled them out of the oven and made himself some coffee while they cooled off a bit. He ate two and placed one on a plate for Zak. He frowned seeing his friend had not even moved since he last left him buried under a pile of blankets.

"Hey, I made some muffins and brought you one. They're pretty good." He said, showing his friend the food he had.

Zak felt bad, he didn't want to reject his friend but eating felt like such a chore right now. "I'm sorry Bad, I just really can't right now." He said quietly, not making eye contact.

Darryl just smiled at him and nodded not wanting to push it and make him stressed. "Okay, Skep, maybe later then." He said hopefully, ruffling his hair a bit before walking out, back into living room kitchen area.

He placed the plate with Zak's muffin on the counter, and covered it up with a bowl so it wouldn't get all gross. He saw the Zoloft and sighed. He didn't want to annoy his friend but, he thought, maybe if he took his meds this might all go away and he'd get the Skeppy he was used to back.

He walked back over to Zak's room, pills in hand and kneeled down next to him so they were at eye level. Zak looked completely lost in thought, so Darryl ran his hand through his friends hair. Slowly, the black haired boy met eyes with him.

"Hey, I know you don't feel good but these are supposed to help. You don't want to eat right know and I can't force you, but please just take this." He pleaded with his friend.

Darryl watched Zak move his gaze down to the pill bottle as his eyes glazed over filling with tears.

Zak felt like he was choking, not wanting to look dumb and cry. He just shook his head and looked at the floor, anything to avoid Darryl seeing how weak he felt.

He heard Darryl sigh and stand up. Zak left the tears tun down his face as soon as his friend left the room. He's probably so done with you, he thought to himself. He heard his friend walk back into the room and saw him squat down next to him again. Still, he avoided eye contact. He felt a hand softly drag across his cheeks, wiping the tears away.

Darryl gave him an encouraging smile and grabbed Zak's hand and opened it, placing the oval baby-blue pill into his palm. He set the glass of water on the nightstand and put his hand behind Zak's shoulder blades bringing him upright.

Zak looked down at the pill in his hand and sighed as he reached for the water. He took it and got a sip of water, not wanting to disappoint his friend even more than he felt like he already had.

"Finish the water please. Hydrate or Diedrate" Darryl said.

Zak scoffed at his friends trashy joke, and tilted the glass back finishing the water. Darryl took the cup out of his hand as Zak let himself flop back into the bed. "Thank you." He mumbled.

"Of course Skep, love u man." Darryl said standing back up. Zak couldn't help but smile a bit at his nickname.

Darryl walked out and went spent the rest of the afternoon on twitter or walking his dog through the little park. He talked with his discord for a bit, leaving out the fact Zak was in a horrible place mentally. He tweeted out saying he'd be missing his two streams this weekend.

The next few days were spent the same. Zak still in bed leaving only a few times to shower or use the bathroom. Darryl tried to make soup or anything easy to keep down but Zak would only accept it every now and then out of guilt, and even then still he could barely take a lot of it without feeing nauseous.

He thought he was at least getting him to take his meds, until he found them bundled up in a tissue under the nightstand. He must've been spitting them out as soon as he left the room. He sighed picking them up, Zak knowing he had been caught but not caring anymore.

He couldn't do this alone anymore. He looked down at his friend and saw he looked worse than ever. Zak had always been a pretty attractive person but right now he just looked like shit. He looked sick.

Darryl kneeled next to his friend. Taking a breath before starting, "Zak, we should go to the hospital. I love you so much and don't think this is me not caring, but I'm not a professional, you need someone who knows what they're doing to help you Zak." He saw Zak's eyes begin to water and he pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back a bit trying to comfort him. After a while of staying like that, Darryl felt his friend nod and mumble a quiet okay.

Darryl smiled and stood back up, gently placing rat next to Zak hoping she could help him out in keeping Zak calm while he packed up a few things. There was a hospital he near his own home a few hours away, so he figured it might be easier to just bring his friend over. He got the duffel bag he brought and put all his things back. A similar bag was sitting empty in one of Zak's closets so he took it and filled it with a lot of his friends clothes and other things he might need, and threw the two bags into the trunk of his car.

"Let's go Skep." He said nudging his friend up once he was back in the apartment, ready to leave.