6

Sapphire POV:

I'm at dinner sitting next to Nova and Evan. Bellatrix is across from me complaining about how Slughorn didn't invite her to the slug club but her cousins got in. " I don't even know what he see in him!" She says referring to Regulus. " Sapphire is better than him!" I smirk at this. I look at the seat next to her where Regulus is sitting and he scowls. "It's my last name. Not royal enough for him." I reply. Even though I would not want to go anyways.

" Hey Sapphire." Evan turns to me. "Wanna go with me?" I don't want to go. But it will get under Regulus' skin. His best friend and the girl he hates. "Ok. I'll wear a blue dress, so I'd prefer if you'd match." I glance over to Regulus. His fist is clenched  around his knife. He throws it down at the table. Every looks to see what the noise was. " Really Evan? Her?! Of all people?" He shouts at him. I'm a bit startled. But I'm mad. Who does he think he is telling Evan who he can go out with.

" Stop trying to control Evan." I say angrily. His eyes turn towards me. " Don't talk to me!" He has really messed up. I stand up and pull out my wand. I glare at him. I will not a man let a man disrespect me like that. I point my wand at him. "Talk to me like that again and you won't get a warning." I put my wand in my pocket and walk out the great hall.

I'm walking in halls mumbling about how angry I am. "No one will talk to me like that" I hear foot steps behind me. I turn around and see Evan Rosier. I slow down my pace to let him catch up. He walks up beside me and we walk in silence for a little bit.

" I'm sorry about that. I don't know he was acting like an over protective boyfriend." I smile at him. "It's fine. I think I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight Evan." I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his cheek. I walk into the common room and see Narcissa sitting down. She looks a bit sad. It must be Lucius again. I give her a small smile and walk up to the dorm. I get dressed in my silk pajama set and lay down.

Regulus Black POV:

I'm sitting up in the astronomy tower thinking. Although I don't enjoy what I'm thinking about. Or who I was. Sapphire Potter. Why did I get mad at Evan? Was it because he didn't tell me he liked her? No that's not it. It because I hate her. Yeah that must be it.

I think about her smile, the way she laughs when someone tells her something funny. Even if it's not funny she laughs to make them feel better. I don't know why she isn't hufflepuff. Then I remember her pointing her wand at me. Why did I enjoy it?

I just like getting a reaction out of her. I wanna do it more. I see a piece of paper and pick it up. It's crumple so I open it up. I notice some fear stains on its. I read it.

Darling Sapphire ,
I miss your laugh, your smile, everything. Durmstrang is boring. I wish you were here. I'll see you soon love.
Love, Markus

Who is Markus and why is this up here? I look at the date and notice it's from January of last year. I can't ask her about it so I guess it will remain a mystery.

Sapphire POV:

I can't fall asleep so I decide to go on a walk to the kitchens. I slip out of bed and put on a red cardigan James gave me to show some Gryffindor pride. I slowly open the door and make sure I don't wake up my dorm mates.

" Lumos." I say walking through the halls and I hear footsteps. I dip into a broom closet. I turn around and see Peter hiding in there as well. The boys must have sent him down again. I kinda feel bad for him always overlooked and seen as not good enough.

" I saw what happened a dinner. Why did he blow up like that?" To be honest I don't know why. " Not sure. Evan asked me to slugclub and he got upset. I shrug. I think the coast is clear so I open the door. I don't hear or see anyone. I decide I've been out of bed and don't need food. I walk back to the common room.

" Salazar." I say the password and the painting opens up. I walk into our dungeon. The cold air hits me. I see someone sitting in the chair. I walk towards them and notice it's Regulus. He looks up at me with soft eyes. They are red and puffy. He had been crying.

" Are you okay?" He looks up at me. With a confused look on his face he looks back down at his hands. He shakes his heads. I sit next to him. I rub small circles on his back. He puts his head on my shoulder. I him my favorite song soon I look down and he's sleeping. Five minutes later I fall asleep on the couch with him.