9

Third person POV:

Remus woke up to a bunch of whispers around him. He sat up and saw all his friends standing around him. James and Peter were holding balloons and wearing party hats while Sirius was holding a speaker. "HIT IT SIRIUS!" James yelled at him. Remus flinched a little at his loudness.

Happy birthday started playing on the speakers. Today was Remus Lupins 16th birthday. Remus had never particularly liked his birthdays. He usually had no friends to celebrate with or it was a full moon. But it all changed his first year at hogwarts. Every year he would have a new surprise waiting for him. For the first time in his whole life he realized that he had family. He didn't see himself as the ugly monster in his head. He was just Remus Lupin.

Sapphire walked over to the gryffindor table with a box in her hands. People always look at her weird. The one green robe in a sea of red. She approached Remus from behind and tapped his shoulder. He turned around to see a sapphire with a big smile.
"Happy birthday Lupin!" She held out the box to him. He took it with a smile.

"You didn't have to get me anything." He said while opening up the box. He took out a ring. It had a moon on it.

"I saw them at the store and it made me think of you! Look I have a matching one!" She held out her hand and showed off her ring. This one has a star on it. Remus teared up.

"If you don't like it I can take it ba-" Remus hugged her. She stood in shock for a little bit wrapped her arms around him. Sirius watched the interaction and felt his heart drop. He wished that he was in sapphires place.

They pulled apart and sapphires smile grew wider. "I'll see you boys later!"

Regulus watched Sapphire give Remus his present. On his birthday she ignored him. He felt the same feeling I stomach that he did before. It wasn't until now he could point out what he was feeling. Jealousy. He pushed that feeling down. He doesn't like her. Evan and her have something going on anyways.

EVAN ROSIER POV:

I button up my shirt as I step out the broom closet. The girl whose name I can't even remember is straightening out her tie. Her hair is a mess and my cheeks are flushed. She looks up at me and smiles.
"Thanks for a great time." He voice is annoying. Not like sapphires. I hear it. "Oh I'm sure he enjoyed it too." Sapphires said sarcastically to the girl. I freeze.

I turn around to look in her eyes. I feel guilty. The random girl scoffs and walks down the hall sending me one last wink.

"Wow. You know I started to like you. But guess I'm not good enough." Her words hurt. I messed up. Big time. All for some mediocre sex. Well if you could even classify it as mediocre. She walks past me and hit my shoulder.

Why am i like this.

REGULUS BLACK POV:

I hear cries from the astronomy tower. I walk up the last steps and see her. Sapphire Potter. Her hair is a mess and eyes red. She's ripping up letters and muttering under her breath. I only make out three things. Stupid. Markus. Evan. She falls to the grounds and sobs. Her shoulders shake.

I walk over and sit down next to her. I wrap my arms around her. She looks up me. Her nose is red. Even crying she looks pretty. I push a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
"Am I good enough Reggie?" She says it so softly I almost don't hear it. How could someone like her think that she isn't enough? She perfect. "Of course you are. Why do you ask?"

She sniffles. She stays silent for a while. I was sure if she had heard me. "I caught Evan with another a girl." I can tell thats not it. " I had a boyfriend. Not to long ago." Had. I stay silent and let her continue. " when he came to visit me in the summer. I had went out shopping with my mum. When I came back he was in my bed. With another girl." More tears spill out. Markus. His name seems so familiar.

I run my hands through her hair until she calms down. She hugs me. My heart flutters. I feel a blush on my cheeks. I hear a muffled thank you in my chest. She stands up and walks down the stairs of the tower. I sit there though.

Markus. The letter was hers. All the time I saw random pieces of paper was from her. She never felt good enough because everyone always left her. I'm gonna kill Evan.

REMUS LUPIN POV:

I feel his lips on mine. Sirius Black was kissing me. I feel my heart beat fast. He pulls away. "Now you can say you've kissed Sirius Black!" He runs out to the party. I sip more fire whiskey a little more. I decided to join the party. That when I saw it. Sirius Black was snogging Mary Macdonald.

A/N:

It's been a while. I though what's a better day than to update on Remus Lupins birthday! I know there was a big time jump from beginning of the school year to March but bear with me. Also! Don't be worried about insta love. That's I'll not happen here!

Also almost 900 reads!!!