15

The sound of rain was faint in the dungeons. Sapphire loved the rain. The way it smelt and hit the ground. That's what she hated most about being slytherin.

Not other houses hating her or even her own brother having a little resentment towards her for this. She could live with those. She liked hearing the rain in her house. It calmed it. It made her forget about everything else.

James loved his little sister there was no denying it. But a little piece of him always wondered where he went wrong with her. Why did she end up with the snakes? She was the opposite of cold and rude. Well that's what James thought Slytherins stood for.

One day when Sapphire was about 9 and James was 10 they were having a contest on who was the smartest. They would have Euphemia and Fleamont ask random questions through out the day and whoever had the most by the end of the week won.

Sapphire has to prove herself. So that day she went to the library and took out as many books on wizards and muggles possible. She stayed up all night studying random facts.

She won of course and now she's undefeated in trivia. But that's when her parents knew that she wasn't a Gryffindor. Though they all predicted Ravenclaw.

She was never one to back down from anything. If she wanted it she got it.

James loved his sister. He didn't show it well enough. But that's what Regulus and Sapphire had in common. Though they didn't know it because they were to caught up in childish games.

Regulus Black wished he had her life. But he only saw half of it. But that what you get for wishing on a star that only shines half as bright as the rest.

He remembered when he was very small. Barley walking. Sirius had a muggle magazine filled with cool motor bikes. At night Regulus would lay under the covers with him and listen to all the different kinds and how much he liked him. Regulus can still recite them til this day.

But it didn't matter. How could it? He was gone. The only this keeping him in this world was gone. Until a new light popped up. Sapphire Potter.

"PETER PETTIGREW GET BACK HERE!" Peter ran away from a hot pink haired Sirius Black.

"NOPE!" He shouted. They ran past him. Not even a sparing glance.

Regulus watched his brother run with another. Not another. His new family that he wasn't apart of. He hated him for it. But he would have done the same. Hate only gets you so far.

A presence sat next to him. He looked up and saw that face of his new light. His star.

"I get it." was all she said yet he still understood her.

"No you don't. He's still with you."

"Staying with someone physically is different then mentally. He loves you. Talks about you every day." She finally looked at him.

"I see you talk to him almost every day?" He ignores her last part and questions the first.

"Yeah. But he doesn't talk to me like he does with Sirius. They're better siblings then we are." She laughs sadly. He joins her.

"You know Reggie. You aren't half bad when you aren't being a prick."

"You too Sapphire. You too." They stare at eachother before looking down. Sapphire feels her heart flutter at the boys eyes. They were grey on the outside and blue on the inside the opposite of Sirius.

"You're always welcome at the Potters." And with that she stood up and walked away.

He looked at her back as she walked away. How was she not a Hufflepuff? She always disliked him but hey she still invited him over. He had a chance to become better. He might take up the offer.

Remus would not talk to Sirius. Leaving two broken hearts. What's better then two friends not talking? The whole group having problems. They would all talk to each other but felt like they were choosing sides internally. James would pick Sirius that was his brother. Peter would pick Remus. That's his best friend.

But what really effected them was that the person they were in love with hated them. Well at least that's what they thought. But that's what overthinking does to you.