Heartbreak (Chapter 2)

A few minutes later Alya decided it was time to leave and go home. "Bye Alya! See you at school!" "Bye Marinette! Call me if you hear anything from Adrien." A little while after Alya left, there was a knock at the door. Marinette's father, Tom opened the door, it was Adrien. "Hello Adrien! How are you?" greeted the friendly baker. "Hello Mr. Dupain, I need to talk to Marinette about uhh... homework." "Of course, she's in her room." "Thank you so much."
Tom gestured Adrien towards the stairs that lead to Marinette's room and Adrien made his way.

In Marinette's room, Marinette just realised she had forgotten something. "Tikki! I forgot I was going to meet Luka at Andre's! I'm so late!" "Maybe Ladybug can help you with that!" replied Tikki.  "TIKKI SPOTS ON!" She transformed but suddenly there was a knock on Marinette's trapdoor. "Marinette? Can I come in?" Adrien stepped in and there Ladybug was standing right in front of him. Adrien and Ladybug just stared at each other for a good 5 seconds. Before Ladybug could further embarrass herself she said, "OH! ADRIEN?! Wha- what are YOU doing here?!" Ladybug's face was as red as her costume.

"Uh, I came to talk to Marinette about a letter." "A letter? How about you tell me so I can tell Marinette. She saw me around and asked me to take care of her uhh... bed?"  "Oh... ok? So it's my birthday today and Marinette has been a very amazing friend for years and today she told me she loves me". "That, that is so romantic." Ladybug started to panic while eagerly waiting for Adrien to respond. "The letter was really sweet, but the problem is I like someone else." "Oh, you do? Who's the lucky girl?" Ladybug was on the verge of tears, she felt like her heart was in her stomach. "Yeah, she's wonderful. She usually wears red. She has beautiful dark silky hair and she is standing right before me." Ladybug's eyes widened and she gasped.

"You like me?!"
"Ever since our eyes met."
"That's wonderful! I feel the same way! But Marinette..."
"Exactly, I'd never want to hurt her but I don't feel the same way about Marinette."
"Well, I think it's about time I head off, goodbye Adrien. Stay safe!"
"Goodbye! Happy Birthday Adrien..." Ladybug jumped up and landed on her balcony, she was devastated. "Tikki, spots off."
"Aren't you going to get ice-cream with Luka?" said Tikki.
"I'm not in the mood to get ice-cream." Waterfalls fell from her eyes, after so many years of trying to tell Adrien how she felt, he said no.
Mariette messaged Luka: "I'm sorry Luka, I don't feel too well today. I'll make it up to you." Luka soon responded: "Oh, I understand. Get well soon Mari :)"
"I can't believe it, Adrien loves Ladybug, I should be happy. But I'm not." "But you're the same person!". "You're wrong Tikki, Ladybug is loved by almost all of Paris, all my friends know me as a pathetic clumsy schoolgirl..."
In Hawk Moth's lair, Hawk Moth had found a vessel for his evil plans. "Ahh... a broken heart, perfect prey for my akuma. Fly away my little akuma and evilise her! I have a good feeling about this one."

Back at Marinette's house, Marinette whistled to herself a song Luka had written about her. Marinette hadn't realised how much Luka had done for her, until now.
"I'm going to call Alya".

The call went like this:
Marinette: Hey Alya...
Alya: So... how did it go with Adrien?
Marinette: Adrien doesn't love me, he loves Ladybug...
Alya: After all you've been through? He barely knows her!
Marinette: I can't blame him. Ladybug is a super heroine and I'm just an average girl.
Alya: Don't lose hope! Adrien will realise how amazing you truly are. Infact, he doesn't deserve you. You will find someone Marinette.
Marinette: *angrily* I'll never find someone, never!

Marinette screamed...

Alya: Marinette?! What's wrong?!
Heartbreaker: *in a whisper* "I have a suggestion, keep my akuma with you. That way 'Littlebug' and 'Kitty Noir' won't be able to defeat me and Alya, I'm not Marinette, I am HEARTBREAKER! Mwahahahaha!
Alya: Marinette! Please tell me this is a joke!
Heartbreaker: Oh it isn't, say your last goodbyes to Adrien. You may not see him ever after I'm done hahahahahaha!
Alya: Oh no!

Alya ended the call and she decided to get all of their class to the school and discuss what to do about Heartbreaker. Meanwhile, Heartbreaker jumped onto her roof and she yells at the top of her lungs "ADRIEN! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" Marinette was ready for revenge.
--------------------------------------------------------------
*I know LB and Mari are the same person, but obviously she's not going to tell Hawk Moth that, OKEY BYE!*