Old Friends (Chapter 7)

It had been a few months since Marinette had been akumatised. Marinette had been missing from school and she would not talk to or contact anyone. Luckily, everyone forgot about Cat Noir, Ladybug and all of the Miraculous holders, even Chloe forgot about being Queen Bee. Well, not everyone forgot. There was Alya, Nino and...

"Plagg, I'm still worried about Marinette... what do you think happened to her?" said Adrien as he stared at the sweater Marinette made him.

"Pffff... it's been ages, I'm sure she's over it..." said Plagg assuring.

"But she hasn't been to school and she won't reply to my texts or pick up my calls... I love her Plagg!"

"You didn't even know who she was until Alya told you!"

"I knew I've always loved the girl behind the mask not just her powers, you know what, I'll visit her house! I'll be right back."

Adrien asked his father if he could see Marinette and surprisingly he said yes. Even after all Hawk Moth had done, at least Gabriel gave him his freedom now. Adrien ran as fast as he could to Marinette's house.

"Oh! Hello Adrien!" said Tom.

"How are you?" said Sabine.

"I need to talk to Marinette." said Adrien.

"Oh! You won't find her here, Audrey Bourgeois gave Marinette a job in New York two weeks ago. I thought she told her friends." said Sabine.

"I guess she's still mad...:" said Adrien sadly.

"Everyone gets their heart broken, Marinette really loved you." said Sabine while placing her hand on Adrien's shoulder.

"Thank you Ms. Cheng, I think I have to go now." Adrien walked out of the bakery and he stared at the grey sky. He thought to himself: "I can't believe I hurt my Marinette..."

Meanwhile in New York, Marinette was working with one of her co-workers.

"Make sure to double stitch the chevron dress Marinette."

"Ok."

"Oh, you have a call by the way, from... *le gasp* Adrien Agreste! Like the model?! He says it's important!"

"You can go ahead and decline it Lizzy."

"What!? But he's so cute, rich and famous!"

"And a real jerk..."

"Is this about the whole thing that happened in Paris? I thought you were over that!"

"Well, I'm not. Do you want me to double stitch the dress or not?"

"At least hear what he has to say!"

"Fine, after that no more conversations about Adrien."

She held her phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Marinette! It's been a while since we talked, how are you? How is New York?" said Adrien whilst blushing.

"It's wonderful here, all the people I know haven't ripped my heart into shreds."

"I really am sorry. I really did try to contact and apologise to you but, I just didn't know what to say to you. I'm going to fly over to New York in a week because I have a fashion show there and I would love to hang out with you M'lady."

"It's been so long since you called me that... kitty." Marinette smirked and thought about all the times he as Cat Noir would visit her and gush about how amazing he thought Ladybug was.

"Speaking of Cat Noir and Ladybug, ever since you gave Alya the Miracle box, Paris has been safe but my father still won't give back the Peacock and Butterfly Miraculous' back. Do you have any ideas of how to convince him to give them back?"

Marinette frowned. So much for catching up...

"I don't actually, I have some work to do. Goodbye."

Marinette hung up on Adrien. Even though they got to talk, Adrien did not feel satisfied. He missed Marinette so much, he just had to see her in person.
———————————————————————————
*I may not post tomorrow because it's my birthday and also I'm thinking of making a Marichat story, what do you guys think?*