01 : 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈 𝖣𝗈𝗅𝗅𝗒

[💌]

A week has passed since I purchased the doll. The package hasn't arrived yet even though I was supposed to receive it a few days prior. Thinking that they might have took time with their promised craftsmanship, I let it be.

I was sitting on my living room, knitting a sweater for the upcoming winter. I don't usually buy them from stores. I'd rather make my own; something that mom had taught me before she left this world is to use your knowledge rather than setting it to waste. So here I am, looking like a grandmother as I create a new apparel.

"They're not ugly," I told myself. "Look, you're lucky mom taught you how to knit or you'd be naked until death."

I sound crazy talking to myself, heh. It's what I do. Unless I phone my only friend but she's mostly busy. I'd rather not bother her or she might get tired of me. Apart from my relatives, she's the only one I got in this huge, judgemental world. As I knit, my radio played old songs I've always loved and grew up to.

"When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother what will I be. Will be pretty? Will I be rich? Here's what she said to me.."

"Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera. What will be, will be."

Mom used to sing this to me especially when I was little; curious and full of dreams. She knew I wanted to be a strong, pretty woman someday. One that she dreamed her little Y/N would grow up to be. Yet, here we are. Here I've become; lonely, unwanted, probably unattractive.

"When I grew up and fell inlove, I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead. Will we have rainbows, day after day? Here's what my sweetheart said.."

"Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera."

"What will be, will be.." I hummed along.

Ding dong.

"Mm?"

I got up to answer the door. A delivery guy stood before me as I opened. He had a long box on a roller and he seemed to exhausted. He took a look at me and whipped out his notes.

"Y/N L/N?" He asked.

I nodded. He gave me a pen to sign his papers before gently pushing the box inside my apartment room. I frantically assisted, making sure it doesn't fall over before he stepped out. I even heard him grunt as he left.

"Who orders a damn coffin?" He scoffed, taking the elevator.

"Th..Thanks!" I called out.

Closing the door, I turned to the package. My, oh my. It was huge. Indeed, it was about the size of a coffin! I quickly ran to my room to grab a cutter before bouncing back to the parcel, carefully tearing the tapes open. I was expecting to see the doll the moment I open the flaps but he was thickly covered with bubble wrap.