04 : 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖳𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖬𝗒 𝖤𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖮𝖿𝖿 𝖸𝗈𝗎

[🌃]

[Taehyun's POV]

It has been a week since Y/N bought me home. A long, fantastic, and romantic week with the girl I love. Each day, I learn more about her. Interesting things she insisted that were boring. I don't think so; I bet not all women look up to Marilyn Monroe. Not all women appreciate the golden era of the 1900's. Not all are as dainty and sweet as my Y/N.

It was one evening that she asked me to watch a movie with her. With all the old music I listened from her collection, I was curious about the films she liked.

So, I sat on the couch, eyes glued to the screen as the first few minutes of a Hollywood classic rolled. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Y/N was in the kitchen making popcorns. Not just that, as Marilyn Monroe started singing, my love softly sang along.

"A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girl's best friend." She hummed, swaying her hips like the character in the movie.

"A kiss may be grand, but it won't pay the rental on your humble flat or help you at the automat."

"Men grow cold as girls grow old, and we all lose our charms in the end. But square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks don't loose their shape. Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"

"Bravo!" I chuckled, slow clapping. "Come here, Y/N. I can't finish this film without you."

"It's barely halfway," she marked. "Don't worry, this won't be any longer."

Shaking my head fondly, I turned back to the movie. Marilyn Monroe was beautifully dressed in a pink, tight gown. Her blonde hair was curled perfectly. Her voice reminded me of Y/N's soft one. Her attitude ever so mischievous yet innocent. No wonder why Y/N see her as an icon.

Y/N came to me in a while. She placed the bowl of fresh popcorn on the table before slumping next to me. I immediately wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. She directly laid her head on my chest as we enjoyed the rest of the show.

"He's your guy when stocks are high. But beware when they start to descend. It's then that those louses go back to their spouses."

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend!" She chained.

I looked at her. "Don't you think she's selfish?"

"Nope." She puffed her cheeks. "In the film, yes. But Marilyn wasn't really like that."

"For a lady like her, she looked like she had the best life."

"She didn't." Y/N sighed. "Sure, Hollywood gave her fame but it wasn't full colors. I think Marilyn and I are somewhat similar. Misunderstood, taken advantaged.. She and I only wanted even just one person to love us truly."

"Oh," I bit my lip. "I didn't know she had to go through that."

"Not all people know." She smiled stiffly.

We turned back to the television. Y/N giggled, scoffed, and huffed throughout. Marilyn's role being a clever gold-digger amused both of us. I kept stuffing food on my mouth while Y/N remained still on my chest.