Chapter 4 - Half revelations and end of year one

____________________________________________________________________________

It was her

chaos

that made her

beautiful.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Betelgeuse was speechless, she did not know how or how much she could divulge to the twins. She was not particularly keen on lying to her new friends, so she opted to tell them the truth.

"I cannot be totally open with you right now. I would love to, but I feel that I need to ask the person involved first," she began. "Maybe I will be able to tell you more after the Chrismast's break when we will come back to Hogwarts. Can you accept these terms?"

They might understand my reluctance, hopefully.

The twins looked at each other as they pondered her words. "You don't need to explain anything to us if you aren't comfortable, Bel," George began. 

"When you feel like it, we're here. Then, you can speel us all the juicy details," Fred added, making the girl laugh.

"What are best friends for?" They concluded together.

☆☆☆

The trio was currently seated in the Potion class, learning about the Draught of Living Death. Snape was looking murderous because, since evidently, no one had not been listening while he had been giving instructions on how to treat the Sopophorous beans, the said vegetables were flying around the class causing havoc. The twins, paired with a stoic Betelgeuse, were enjoying too much the chaos.

"ENOUGH!" Snape shouted, making stop any movement in the class. "Can anyone actually tell me what the best way to extract juice from the Sopophorous beans is? Hm? No one? How disappointing," the professor drawled. His eyes skimmed the room until they finally fell upon the only student that had her hand raised the whole time. "Yes, Ms Black?"

"In order to obtain the juice, a more effective method might be crushing the bean with the flat side of a silver knife," Betelgeuse responded promptly.

Professor Snape looked sparsely impressed, "Correct."

"Ten points to Gryffindor, for Ms Black seems to be the only one of you that pays attention in my otherwise neglected class."

Betelgeuse beamed at the professor, happy that her hard work was paying off. But then Snape spoke again. "And five points from Gryffindor for each of you Weasley. So you may comprehend that my class is not a Quidditch pitch."

And with that, the professor proceeded to dismiss the class.

"Give me a break, it is always you and your blasted incapacity to be subtle. You gits!" Betelgeuse bellowed, walking away from the twins.

"Reckon she will let us copy her potion assignment, Georgie?"

"Doubt it, Freddie."

☆☆☆

The Great Hall was decorated with a touch of autumn fashion. Halloween was just around the corner, everywhere excitement could be felt among the students. Betelgeuse Black loved Halloween's aesthetic.