Chapter 34 - Powdered Moonstone

_____________________________________________________________________________

12 Ways to Overcome Jealousy without getting Detention

- A guide written by yours truly George Fabian Weasley 

for his older, dumber brother.

______________________________________________________________________________

Betelgeuse's eyes fluttered as she sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast the next day. She has been reading her copy of Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms when a roar of laughter came from the Slytherin table.

Irritated by the sudden commotion, the girl took her eyes off the book and noticed her cousin making a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit towards Potter.

What a childish brat.

She watched Harry approach the table as a Slytherin girl with the face of a pug continued to taunt him. Harry dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table next to George. He has not yet approached Betelgeuse after their argument on the Hogwarts Express. She had no intention of taking the first step. Potter had behaved like a naive insolent little boy, insulting Betelgeuse with his ill-mannered attitude.

Betelgeuse closed her book and caught glimpses of George handing Harry, Ron, and Hermione their third-year course schedules.

"What's up with you, Harry?" The twin asked as he took his seat next to Harry. Fred occupied the seat beside Betelgeuse, opposite George. The older twin tried to steal the honey buttered roll from her plate, receiving a slap on his hand, "Harsh, Black."

"Malfoy," Ron replied, sitting down on George's other side and glaring over at the Slytherin table.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with fright again. "That little git," he said smoothly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself. Even clung to Bel as if she was his mother," Fred replied, with a disdainful glance at Malfoy. Betelgeuse remained in silence.

"I wasn't too happy myself," George continued. "They're horrible things, those Dementors,"

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Fred finished.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry asked in a faint voice. "Forget it, Harry," George commented bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking. They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."