Chapter 9 - The spectacled boy

___________________________________________________________________________

"Brother?"

____________________________________________________________________________

In the previous two years, the preparations to board the Hogwarts train had always been a quiet and subdued affair for Betelgeuse.

Nothing more different than what she was experiencing right now.

"PERCY IF YOU ARE NOT DOWN HERE IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES, WE ARE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU! CHARLES LEAVE THE POOR RAT ALONE!"

Betelgeuse heard Molly shout, while she was making her way downstairs. Molly smiled at the girl, then proceeded to confiscate some joke products from the twins.

Betelgeuse smiled; she would miss this chaos. Fortunately, at least some of it would follow the twins at school. She saw Fred argue with Ron about something she could not hear over the confusion. George sat with Ginny reading her the Daily Prefect. She approached them sitting on the sofa, listening to the excited voice of the boy. They had already packed their trunks. They were all waiting for Percy.

"PERCY! WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR CAULDRONS!" Molly continued, shouting.

The said boy came storming into the room. "YOU! YOU TWO DID THIS!" He yelled, pointing an accusatory finger to the twins. He was sporting long jet-black hair, resembling a combination between the hairdo of Betelgeuse and Professor Snape.

Betelgeuse regarded him with raised eyebrows, "Brother?" She asked with mock surprise. Everyone laughed, even Arthur looked like he was going to choke back a laugh.

Percy did not find funny the ordeal at all, neither her mockery. He began ranting about how he did not receive any respect in the house and how tiresome it was.

"Percy enough! It is not that bad; you are quite handsome. You can tie your hair like Bill now. We need to go," Molly tried to reason, only to push the room in another fit of laughter.

☆☆☆

Betelgeuse was rushing behind a frantic Mrs Weasley. "You are going to miss the train if you do not hurry up!" She yelled at her sons. Betelgeuse laughed.

Talk about the impossible.

"Do not lose that rat, Percy!" Molly screeched, handing him the ugly fat rat.

If he loses it, I am not complaining. Good riddance!

Betelgeuse hated the blasted thing; Castor had even tried to eat the browny rat once.

"It's hideous," Betelgeuse whispered to George. He only nodded.

The trio caught up with Molly quickly, dodging the busy muggles, stopping in front of the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Ginny was grumbling about not being able to join Betelgeuse at Hogwarts. "Be quiet Ginny, you are too young," Molly interjected.

Betelgeuse watched as Percy, who had also been granted Prefect, suddenly run through the barrier. Molly watched the spot where he had been a few seconds ago, "Oh, well. Fred, you are next!"